QT3 quotes

I’ve been saving some of my favorite QT3 quotes in a text file to share once I had a bunch, but Denny’s recent post:

…convinced me to share it now. Add your own if you have any. I’d hate to have missed some other lol’s.

DrCrypt: Apparently, when John Romero isn’t designing video games or applying egg whites to his glossy mane…

Met_K wrote: What the god damn fucking hell are you shitheads talking about?
Sparky: I think I might just cross-stitch that quote onto a throw pillow.

Erik: I’m not sure if that’s a rhetorical joke question. If it is, buckle up for me being an idiot, because I’m about to kind of answer it.

Jim Preston: Maybe we all need to keep quiet so that Dave Long can teach us how to drink deeply from the cup of life by collecting different types of bugs in Animal Crossing.

IXAszurom: Yeah… around here, Christmas dinner would probably end like the last 5 minutes of Resevoir Dogs.

Met_K: I want to know when Bush is going to ask where N. Korea is. Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he then goes on to say something along the lines of, “Oh, you mean the country from Uh-pok-er-lipse Now?”

SpoofyChop: Cathcart participated in the “Violence Against GBA” act as well. He dutifully tore his GBA apart, applied high temperatures to its personal areas, and then reassembled the thing with it’s dopey y-wing screws. Now what he has is a glowing monstrosity that looks bruised and violated. Instead of savoring that solid Nintendo construction, holding his GBA makes you feel like a samurai attempting to hold his guts in after ritual suicide.

I’m not sure what flatters me more: the fact that in my scant time on the QT3 forums, I’m already being quoted in a “best of…” thread, or the fact that my quote was the only one so offensive it needed to be censored by grammar’s Senator Joseph Lieberman, the Ellipsis.

I actually say “Yawn” in conversations now.

SpoofyChop: Cathcart participated in the “Violence Against GBA” act as well. He dutifully tore his GBA apart, applied high temperatures to its personal areas, and then reassembled the thing with it’s dopey y-wing screws. Now what he has is a glowing monstrosity that looks bruised and violated. Instead of savoring that solid Nintendo construction, holding his GBA makes you feel like a samurai attempting to hold his guts in after ritual suicide.

:( Well, at least I’m in one of them.

I actually say “Yawn” in conversations now.

Yawn.

Derek Smart: “I’ll probably never finish it (I never finish games).”

Okay, to be fair, the above quote refers to Splinter Cell, not Battlecruiser. But it was a marvellous straight line.

Jim Preston: Maybe we all need to keep quiet so that Dave Long can teach us how to drink deeply from the cup of life by collecting different types of bugs in Animal Crossing.

Dammit…somehow I missed that. I would’ve given a five page dissertation on the soothing siren song of Animal Crossing bug collection.

snaps fingers

–Dave

Perhaps these were edited for length, but if not, the quote about Grampa Cathcart definitely belongs in this list.

ASJunk

This one has gone to my top 5

You know, that’s exactly what Cathcart said to me yesterday!

:twisted:

[EDIT: added evil grin]

DrCrypt: The bottom line is that you’re too young to have real debt, and there are tons of options available to you that wouldn’t be open to, say, cantankerous geezers with bowel problems like Tom Chick. I’m just mentioning Tom here so I can get in good with Brian Koontz, who apparently is fantazing about murdering the slack-jawed intellectual plebeians of our society through the video game intermediary of Bob Page in Deus Ex. When the Brian Koontz sponsored death camps start opening up, I want to be on the motherfuckin’ other side of the fence from you QT3 bovines.

Sorry, i think this is a better quote from DrCrypt–it just seems to sum up life on the QT3 forums so well. :)
ian

Perhaps these were edited for length, but if not, the quote about Grampa Cathcart definitely belongs in this list.

Got that one handy? I searched and couldn’t come up with it.

Edit: Forget it, I found it!

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:26 pm Post subject:

Jason Cross wrote:
It really starts to look and feel like a WAR.

Mike Cathcart wrote:
Definitely. I was playing on a game on an EA server the other day and it completely reminded me of a story my gradfather told me about his experience in the war. You see, this one time, my grandfather reached the top of a hill and was face to face with a Japanese soldier. The two of them spent about thirty seconds emptying three clips into each other (direct head shots) with no effect. Then they circle strafed with their knives for a good minute before one of my grandfather’s friends, a foot soldier, slammed into both of them in a plane that he picked up by swimming out to a Japanese aircraft carrier.

Fortunately, grandpa Cathcart survived the accident, being bounced onto a jeep that drove him to an APC to heal, but the other two guys weren’t so lucky.

–Dave

There are probably several Erik/Chet remarks that could go on this list. There’s a reason I rarely, if ever, post any contradictory opinions to those guys because their clever but merciless and whithering sarcasm has actually caused my monitor to degauss on occasion.

That grampa cathcart one was probably the best I’ve seen.

I nominate this quote actually. Hehe.

Also, I agree that the Grampa Cathcart quote is one of the best ever. I have the advantage of hearing that kind of stuff pretty consistently. But given all the mockery I endure at the hands of the guy, I just had to take the opportunity to zing him. :D

I nominate this quote actually. Hehe.
[/quote]
Indeed, but let’s take the “h” out of “withering”, shall we? I will allow Mr. Preston extra points for spelling “degauss” properly.