Qt3 Server Status and Performance

I assumed you either forgot to feed the hamster, or forgot to pay GoDaddy.

I was afraid Elon Musk had bought it to shut it down. Or the tapir was pissed he got put away after April 1.

Likewise in the Netherlands. Always nice to see there was a big problem after it was solved!

Tully slept right through it. He could sleep through WW3!

Ahhh, I agree with your assessment that it’s probably not worth the trouble then. You’d need to use a third party tool as pg won’t replicate between versions. I think in your shoes I’d do the same thing you suggested, restore a copy to a new container and use pg_upgrade.

Actually the plan was to restore the DB backup (from PG12) directly to PG13 on the new host. Will that not work?

Backup with pg_dump/pg_restore or backup via straight datafile copy? I was thinking the latter which would mandate an upgrade step with pg_upgrade. If the former you should be okay. It’s a little slower but safer.

Pretty sure it does the former, yeah. Logical backups, not physical.

Reading the posts above makes me think the language was also accidentally changed to Chinese during the crash…

Watts dis all aboot, den?

It’s us P&R addicts doomscrolling the election. It’s all our fault.

I was running upgrades a half hour back.

Another upgrade, 20min downtime, back up now.

“We’ll do it live!”

I’m not scheduling downtime at 2AM for Qt3, I don’t get paid for this!

Thanks for the time & effort you put into this, @stusser !

Thanks for keeping QT3 ooerational. I used to get paid for 2am implementations and it still sucks.

That would also inconvenience our true quartertothree stalwarts!

Yes indeedy, thank you Mr S.

@stusser is indeed a mensch.