Quacks and Quack medicine

There are doctorates in lots of things. Doctorate != doctor. It’s funny, years ago, when I was considering an MD/JD, the joke was that I’d get a masters degree in philosophy and become a judge, then be addressed as “your honor master doctor doctor”.

Liz is still committed to the healing powers of God and veganism

Even after her aunt passed away from cancer, Liz is still certain that you can heal yourself just through prayers and juice.

“I still agree with the message, completely,” she said. “I would agree with it and I still go behind that message. You have your spiritual side and your physical side that work together to improve you as a whole. That’s the message.”

Liz explained that towards the end of her life, Mari had asked her to take down the videos proclaiming the healing powers of the vegan diet. Liz said she would keep the videos up, genuinely believing they could give cancer patients help. She even called the experience a “test of faith.”

No cure for cancer or terminal stupidity.

Her statements make me angry because now it’s not about reality, it’s about exposure and money from Youtube.

Apparently juicing also cured her gayness?

Uh…

No, stopping being a lesbian partly cured her cancer, until her Mom started microwaving her food again and feeding her meat sometimes.

Keep up!

Disastrous. I also think of this which is even worse:

http://idlewords.com/2012/09/no_evidence_of_disease.htm

It takes a special kind of perversion and absence of empathy to make your close ones go through this.
I hate to the guts manipulative perverts, but the ones resorting to disease hold yet another special spot.
Yuck.

Her poor parents… and everyone around her. She is so very selfish. I do the opposite. I don’t tell my parents until I have to because I feel so bad when they worry. I feel terrible when I see the sadness in their eyes when they visit me in the hospital or at home when I’m doing poorly. Worse is when they say they want to switch places with me.

Quack medicine also equals no medicine:

Pfft. Herd immunity is a lie…like global warming and the Earth revolving around the sun.

And Half-Life 3. Too soon?

My dad turned to this shit after his second round of chemo. The second round didn’t kill off all the cancer, so the real doctors said they had done all they could. Whatever cancer wasn’t killed off is the strongest or most difficult to kill, so they’d have to up the chemo appropriately, which would kill my dad.

So my dad turned to quackery. It made him feel better and gave him a positive outlook. He also could generally afford it, and it was local to Clear Water, FL. So we expressed concerns but generally just let him do his thing. It was sad hearing about these other families from Tennessee or wherever who sold everything they had and were living out of an RV to come to this quack’s clinic in FL.

It didn’t work of course. But the real downside is, because the quack told my dad he would cure him, my dad never made a will. It’s now five years later, and that’s still making it’s way through the courts and I’m afraid I’m going to have to fight with my step-mom for whatever is left. I recently found out she has one of my family’s heirlooms. I thought my mom had it.

Straying off topic, but he heirlooms were three large diamond rings that my grandmother had from back when the family had money. My wife has one, my mother has one, and my step-mom has the largest. My grandmother grew up in Hyannis Port and went to school with Ted Kennedy. She like to tell the story about when they were around six, Ted asked the teacher to go to the bathroom. The teacher said no, so Ted walked to the back of the classroom, dropped his pants and took a shit in the corner.

I’m very sorry to hear that. I’d probably get myself in trouble as I might go punch that guy in the face. He’s doing this to get rich, not to help people. The moment he learns there are people living out of an RV to get his treatments, and he KNOWS they die and still keeps doing that. What a damn scumbag.

Horrible:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/watch-anti-vaxx-parents-go-berserk-nj-lawmakers-tighten-rules-immunizations/

Not sure why it’s not showing the article. But New Jersey tightened rules on immunizations and some “parents” went nuts. I made the argument that it’s much more of a Republican thing now since its an anti-government movement, and this video and the replies supports that theory. You can hear someone scream something about Democrats being awful (though a lone Republican did cross the aisle to sign this bill).

I could not hold back from responding to some of the horrible idiots in Youtube comments.

This is counter to this thread but I’ve suffered from acid reflux for years. I started treating it with tums, but tums wasn’t doing it for me, so I switched to Zantac but eventually that wasn’t enough. I graduated to Prilosec, eventually two Prilosec. I read that Prilosec long term is really bad for you so I dropped down to about 4 Zantac a day and popping tums for spot curing the burn.

Then my mom bought me some homeopathic thing that I take with every meal. I still need to take tums every once and a while but it’s MUCH more effective with this homeopathic crap.

What I’m saying is that graph is slightly inaccurate.

With that said my mom has also forced other quackery on me, the most egregious of which was a dude that inflated a balloon in my nose to realign my spine or some crap.

My chriropactor cured my asthma back in the late 80’s, long before I heard that it was considered a homeopathic thing we were supposed to rail against.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where did you see Prilosec was bad when taken long term? When places say that, the research they usually reference a modest risk in smoking females.