Quacks and Quack medicine

Well, at least he didn’t get his chance to kill someone else with his quackery.

Hey you guys know this guy.

Serving on @FitnessGov offers a platform to sell my particular brand of bullshit and and dangerous crap philosophy to our school systems.

Is there anything bad in particular about Dr. Oz except that he has a criminally boring daytime TV show?

Yes. There is stuff like

And his peddling of weight loss things

At this point given the literal criminals appointed into other positions, just an actual real doctor is already miles above expectations.

Yeah. I’m waiting for him to appoint a tree surgeon as Surgeon General. It could happen if the guy was a Trump loyalist!

Why haven’t these companies been fined, sued, and put out of business for what is outright fraud and also has probably caused a lot of misinformed people getting sun burns and skin cancer?

Uh, have you noticed who our President is?

Yep, he takes a bunch of those pills.
Among others.

How in the hell would you do that? Never mind why.

Thoughts, prayers and God’s own dialysis machine.

There’s an opportunity there. I mean, anyone could set up an office where they claim to “reverse vaccinations.” Do some random, harmless “procedure”, declare that you are now vaccine free and collect payment! I mean, how are they going to know?

They will return, outraged, to your office when they do not get the measles or mumps, and declare you a charlatan.

I should sell vaccination-vaccination. See, it’s an injection I give your kid just before their scheduled vaccinations to prevent the harmful effects of the vaccination from occurring.

Selling a cure against vaccinations is pure genius.

1. You only target morons who deserve to have their money taken.
  2. The ‘cure’ cannot fail as far as said morons are concerned.
  3. The scammer isn’t doing anything illegal because ‘being vaccinated’ isn’t an illness.

I need to get in on this.

They could be talking about chelation, which as a woo-therapy purports to remove “toxins” including heavy metals from the body. Heavy metals like mercury, which people think is in vaccines. If you don’t actually have heavy metal poisoning, it’s very dangerous, and people have died using it to “detox”

Chelation may also be a term appropriated by some “woo-therapies”, but medical chelation is a real and very hard-science process for removing heavy elements from blood. For example after a scan when you take radioactive iodine as a tracer, they will give you a chelation IV to bind the iodine and allow you to quickly filter and excrete it.

Longer term these elements will not stay in the blood but move into fat and bone tissues to stay around, so except for immediate contamination this doesn’t seem like it would be useful as a regular “body detox” strategy.

No, that’s what I was trying to say. It’s for getting rid of heavy metals, and because of that, some woo practitioners offer it as a detox treatment, and I could see it being touted as an “unvaccination” treatment given all the FUD around mercury in thiomersal. But unless you actually do need to get rid of an urgent poisoning issue, it’s not a good idea to do it.