Quacks and Quack medicine

Quack seems too benign. She’s sinister. Not only did she bilk people out of money but her dishonesty may result in people not getting proper treatment for cancer.

There was a child with brain cancer who died because his family followed her scam. She should be in jail.

I think the problem with that is going to be proving she intended to harm anyone.
Not that I agree with that in this case, since she certainly should have known it would harm someone eventually, but there you go. Intent.

I’ll give you intent. Nobody is that stupid. It has to be intentional as a cash grab. Fuck her.

I won’t argue your sentiment. I agree with it.
But I’ve watched enough fictional television lawyer shows to know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the law sometimes SUCKS. i.e. Is not emotional, and that’s why watching trial outcomes can be frustrating as hell, and why sometimes people who know they are right sometimes lose, and vice versa.

Some crimes require proof of intent, some don’t. Causing someone’s death is potentially a crime regardless of intent. The issue here, I think, is more establishing that she bears responsibility than that she intended harm.

As I have only Perry Mason to back me up, I’ll defer to those of you who have more knowledge than I do, and hope you are correct. I have lost a lot of faith in the courts for various reasons over the years, and I am therefore cynical.

See, but I think bearing responsibility with intent to harm is going to definitely get a harsher sentence than if she can make a jury believe she had no intent to harm. Both may result in jail sentences, but one would be far harsher than the other in my mind.

Seems to me the relevant charge would be manslaughter.

For sure. But both would probably lead to jail time given that someone died.

I don’t think you have to prove intent, just prove depraved indifference or at least gross negligence.

When homeopathy isn’t not treating you, it’s killing you.

This is even more appalling.

There needs to be some sort of general intelligence test to have kids.

Look at this hypocritical crap.

Hyland’s, a 114-year-old private company based in Los Angeles, is the nation’s largest homeopathic business. It insists its products are safe and says the FDA has failed to show there is a scientific link between them and infant seizures or other complications.

So NOW, you want to get all scentitific, but when it comes to proving your moron water works, you refuse to utilize science?

Jeezus

“I think it’s easy for us nonvaxxers to make assumptions but most of us have never and will never see one of theses diseases,” the self-identified nurse wrote, according to the screenshots. "[F]or the first time in my career I saw measles this week. Actually most of my coworkers and the ER docs saw measles for the first time as well. And honestly, it was rough. The kid was super sick. Sick enough to be admitted to the ICU and he looked miserable.

By no means have I changed my vax stance, and I never will. But I just wanted to share my experience and how much worse it was than I expected," she added.

Immediate termination. She doesn’t deserve her job.

…nor her kids. Be sooo easy for her to bring that home and accidentally infect her children. Talk about child endangerment.

Making this jerk live in poverty is a start, but jail seems just as important to keep him from killing other people. He’s a narcissist, so he won’t accept he did anything wrong and will keep at it in surreptitious ways.