Quake Champions

So basically… QUAKE IS BACK! (with unlocked framerate)

Quake Champions - E3 2016 Reveal Trailer

Platforms: PC
Developer: id Software
Publisher: Bethesda
Genre: Shooter
Release date: TBA

Well, Quake 3 is back.

Quake 4 was a sequel to Quake 2, so Quake 5 is a sequel to Quake 3 I guess. :) When will Quake 1 get a sequel? (Though I haven’t played the new Doom yet, and Tom said on the latest Qt3 podcast that they have some levels reminiscent of Quake 1).

Another flashy cinematic trailer…

Overwatch is teaching me I can get onboard with online shooters again, but that trailer did nothing for me at all.

So… Another hero shooter. Bethesda says the player characters will have “different stats and powers.”

The only question is whether it will be F2P or not.

Er, it seems that today is the 20th Anniversary of the first Quake release

http://rome.ro/news/2016/6/22/happy-20th-birthday-quake

So, I guess… what the hell is this game? The trailer showed nothing really, and there is no real information out about the game.

Well, it’s just CGI teaser to ignite the hype, I suppose.

Waiting for Quakecon

New trailer of Quake Champions (and gameplay is still in somewhere else)

Gameplay trailer from Quakecon.

That’s a lot of Rocket-Jumping. That used to hurt so bad in earlier Quake games. Maybe they turned down the self-damage in this one so you can rocket jump more?

Glad to see a new FPS that back to its 90s root with classic fast-paced arena shooter

Look a lot like a HD Quake Live. Wonder what will happen to that when this comes out

Closed beta is starting.

Here’s a look at one of the new characters:

Yep, Quake Live in id tech 5. E-sports focused, with heroes like Overwatch.

Not optimistic about its success, honestly.

It really does not look good to me, but then again, I’ve been wrong about how games are received before.

It looks like it is a decade old, is that an art-style they are purposely going for?

tl;dr: Free-2-Play with nearly everything, except additional playable characters.