Quake is 25 years old

I wonder if that’s on the hardest difficulty? I had no idea rocketting yourself did so little damage. The only time I tried it, I almost killed myself.

It’s on the secret nightmare difficulty! You can see the person do it very quickly at the beginning. Yeah, I’ve not had much luck rocket jumping. Rubbish ROI for me! :-)

This mod made me laugh. Quake 4 in Quake 2. I thought it might be an interesting idea until I looked at the screenshots.

Does the version of Quake on steam have the NiN soundtrack?

No, but there’s a community guide outlining how you can get hold of it and get it playing with modern Quake engines.

Thanks!

Literally after I just downloaded the music files, recommended engine and was planning to mod the game sometime today.

^^ RemasteredPorted

Last year for Quake Champions during QuakeCon, they were giving away unlock of all the champions if you completed a single match. I forgot to even do that.

They’ve discontinued the Champion Pack DLC but FYI it can still be had for $5-50 (!) on reseller sites.

Ray traced Quake.

I have to admit, this looks really great. I’m tempted to download. I wonder if it will work with the Windows 10 version I already have installed?

I timed my first proper playthrough of Quake so badly: just before the remaster and then now ray tracing :(

It isn’t a mod, it is a new, separate version from the remaster, based on a fan made version that supports Vulkan. You will need to copy the data files from that Win10 version to directory of the RT version.

I have no particular interest in replaying Quake, but that does look dramatically better.

It would be amazing if a mod, and some modders are adding similar effects through shaders. Seems like black magic. Nvidia is doing the same thing with their “RTX remaster” program, the Morrowind remaster was very impressive. Unfortunately they aren’t releasing that one, and that’s the one I would be interested in playing!