Quarry - 70s masterpiece that you need to watch (by creators of Banshee)

Definitely worth watching the whole season. I was so disappointed when I found out it had been cancelled.

Thanks! I just saw the second episode - Really cool stuff ! It kinda reminds me a lot of True Detective. Probably mostly because its a period piece, but still - the slow, intense scenes are pretty awesome.

Of course, being Cinemaxx, there has to be a sex scene in every episode, but so far they have actually had meaning and of some importance.

The season is beautifully selfcontained and tge finale is fantastic.
I consider this much better than True Detective, the script is vastly better.

Still a crime they canceled it.

We watched Episode 1 last year because Amazon was giving it away free as a teaser, and it worked. The DVD’s were cheaper at the time though, so I went that route rather than streaming. Still haven’t seen anything other than Episode 1, but we loved it so much, we’re saving it for a special vacation week or something.

Edit: Oh look! Episode 1 is still free!
I am uncertain whether that’s just for Prime members, or for everyone.

I’m shamelessly reviving this thread because honestly, if you haven’t seen this show yet, you’re missing something wonderful.

Okay, now that I’ve seen the entire series (all 8 episodes), I am going to say this is the best show I’ve ever seen.

Episode 1 is available free on Amazon. You gotta pay for the other 7, but it’s so totally worth it.

Also available on YouTube. Same deal, 1st episode free.

If you watch the free 75 minute pilot, I’m warning you, you’ll be spending money to watch the rest.

I originally saw the pilot a couple of years ago, and since we had other shows we were already in the middle of, I went ahead and ordered the DVD’s because it was a bit cheaper than streaming, and we weren’t in a rush. As it turns out, we didn’t get a chance to finish the series until now, but if I’d known how freaking good this was… I mean, the pilot is fantastic and perfectly done, but somehow it only gets better after that. Anyway, wow. Just wow. Masterpiece indeed.

You can’t say I didn’t tell you, right there in the OP ;)

…still pissed it got so overlooked and not picked up for S2.

You should at least play Mafia 3 now if you haven’t already.

After we got done watching, the girlfriend would not shut up about how angry she was that it was over, and she even gave a speech about what idiots were in charge at Cinemax. :-)

I have not yet, although I do now own it.

I really need to buy the Bluray set. And color me also extremely upset it didn’t get another season. or five. I’d have taken another five.

I mean, every single character was so well thought-out and developed.

For instance, Damon Herriman’s character is a perfect example: When we first met him in the pilot, we (meaning the gf and I, but probably extends to others as well) just assumed he was one of those one-off over-the-top characters you see from time to time. But damned if, by the end, he hadn’t become our favorite character. I mean, after that pilot, he just blossomed into something quite remarkable. Herriman just owned that part.

I went on the Apple TV+ app on my apple TV, and checked out the Cinemax subscription. Under series, I looked for Quarry but it wasn’t there. So somehow this was a Cinemax show, and yet, it’s not even available on the Cinemax subscription service? What the heck?