Quarter To Three Movie Club - DEC 2018/Get Carter (1971)-No Spoilers!

Nope, they actually pulled the subtiles on that one. Oh, well. The voters are hereby forewarned.

I watched the first 20 minutes and it’s actually pretty engaging even if it’s all in Japanese.

This Movie Club is getting confusing! Where did all these nominations come from? And what’s with the food?

Read the first post. ;)

I’m just using a Junta system with a fixed ballot rather than an Absolute Dictatorship.

The theme is “ The Traditional Cuisine Action Crime Thriller International Menu”.

Food is a powerful national idea for the Navaronegun

Regional and local as well. I mainly chose dishes originating in the locales in which the films were shot and took place.

I’m hungry again…

Sorry, this is EUIV, not CKII

Ohhh, it’s that time already! Gotcha. Carry on!

@CraigM and @Ex-SWoo, A Colt Is My Passport has been pulled from the Ballot and jailed due to unpatriotic behavior (no subtitled version available online). Just wanted to let you know. I wouldn’t want your votes to reflect on your patriotism.

Hmm…where are @Skipper and @marquac ? And all the other usuals? I know the holidays are coming but I really don’t want to have to provide any names to the secret police…

***Paging Mr. Herman. Mr. Herman, you have a telephone call at the front desk***

*clears throat*

Mr. Herman is now here, and he has voted. I’ve wanted to watch Get Carter for ages. Now is my chance.

You missed your chance to go with “Paging Dr Howard, Dr Fine, Dr Howard”!

It’s okay, still a semi-classic skit …

I know what your post referred to, but Navaronegun refers to the gang as stooges for pete’s sake!

Awwww, dammit. I completely missed that. You’re right. I DID miss an opportunity there.

Which are the actual last names of those particular Stooges. Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly Howard.

I have put my vote behind Get Carter.

The polls will be closing this evening! This is your chance to have a say in the future of our Glorious, Free, Unparalleled Film Republic!