Quarter To Three Movie Club - NOV 2018/Europa Report - Spoilers Allowed!!

I mean, I can’t say I wouldn’t have been happy with that either. I’ll be pretty happy with most any movie picked*

*two exceptions, but mostly because I know I wouldn’t have anything to say.

I think I’d be happy with most any of the films on this month’s list as well.

Same here. Well, any of them except Brazil. #TeamNeverBrazil.

The only one I’ve seen in this month’s nominations besides Brazil is Better Luck Tomorrow, which I just saw about 3 months ago for the first time. But I’d be happy to see that one again if it won.

Btw, I have a question about Rule 001: Does that mean any movie that reaches the final round of voting can’t be nominated again? Or it just means the movie that won can’t be nominated again?

Winners can’t be renominated.

It’s basically to prevent having the same film be viewed again as a winner.

If it wins, I’m there. And uhh I knew it was French, just making sure the organizer was paying attention…
3o6ZsYyG2qLgXzVPvG

Mmm…hmmm…

Reminder!

Tick tock! The round one polls close tonight! Last chance to vote or change your vote. As it stands now, Blue is the Loneliest Colour That You’ll Ever Do and Minority Europa Report would be the two candidates for the final round.

Well right now it’s close between the three options, Europa Report, Blue is the Warmest Color, and the field. Of course the field is split 5 ways, so…

Barring major realignment then it seems our two finalists are set. So if you want to watch Brazil, hop to! It’s got a fantastic cast too.

Not had much time to Qt3 recently and didn’t realise Discourse hadn’t auto-tracked this thread for me when I started it last week, so I missed a good 140 posts! Anyway, this month’s poll looks great.

@Juan_Raigada Blue is the Warmest Colour has been on my list for a while now so I’m glad to hear you speaking so highly of it. Only reason we haven’t watched it already is that it’s a long film which makes it trickier to fit in. The movie club should compel us to make some space however, whether it wins or not :-)

I’ve also been wanting to see Europa Report for ages so cheers @marquac. It left UK Netflix a few months back before we managed to catch it.

The Run-off is now Open!

The Navaronegun News Network has called the first round poll for the two winners, Blue is the Warmest Colour and Europa Report.

Run-Off Voting for Qt3 Movie Club Film 002, November 2018 will now commence.

First Round Voting is now closed (the poll cannot be modified at this time). The below Poll will be closed FRI NOV 09 at 2359 EST. At that time, if no film has secured a the most votes, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those tied for first place.

Click here to see a selection of links for all films in the below poll.

• Blue is the Warmest Colour
  • Europa Report

0 voters

Your Movie Club Voter Information Sheet

November Movie Club Run-Off Candidates:

Blue Is the Warmest Colour (2013) – Juan_Raigada

Europa Report (2013) – Marquac

Wait a sec --I am sure I voted for Europa Report. But If I haven’t I am now.

He’ll I thought I was the one that nominated it.

(grr PM you know I did)

@marquac Nominated it in-forum and in-thread.

Roles are rules, Ms. Gaines. Procedure must be followed.

I’m watching both of them no matter the results.

I’ve already watched both of them! I guess I’ll vote for Europa Report because a) I haven’t seen it for a couple years, and b) I want other people to see it. It’s flawed as hell, but mostly great, and I wish more films like that got made. While I like Blue Is The Warmest Colour, there’s no shortage of euro directors making artsy/sexy movies about young love.

Same!

I’ve already seen both. I think Blue is the better movie but they’re both good in their way.

You know what? Let’s take a chance. Changed my vote.

I have zero interest in that type of film. But you do you, buddy. :)

I’m a little torn. I think I’ve seen Europa Report unless I’m confusing it with something else, but it’s also way more my sort of movie than Blue is the Warmest Color, which I have not seen. (also Brazil and my nomination got robbed, dangit.)