Quarter To Three Movie Club - October 2018 Film is Tokyo Story - Spoilers Allowed!!

I am not sure such a film exists but if it does and I haven’t seen it, I look forward to it.

I’d rather be Huey Long.

I’ll let you know shortly. My rental copy of Tokyo Tribe is in the post.

No, he wasn’t crazy. Doesn’t fit.

You want crazy? The best crazytends to come from outside the US.

‘But I have a leviathan class warship, and a laser armed space army waiting for me… at a moments notice. I mention this for no particular reason’

Yeah, but he’s a comedian. He knows what he is saying is crazy.

Larouche?..not so much.

The craziest part was when his small glass of port changed into a large glass of champagne without him even mentioning it.

So does Terry Gilliam (to wrap back to film) but that doesn’t make his movies any less crazy!

And, yes, I’m heavily considering Brazil next go.

That’s surrealism, not a continuity error!

File Under: Aronofsky/Cosmotos.

See, that I could vote for.

It’s what came to mind when I watched the first half of Hudson Hawk. It has the madcap insanity thing going, but at every turn I thought how Brazil did it better.

I wouldn’t mind a second go at Brazil. Mostly because I feel left out for not enjoying the movie. This way I would find out why people love it.

The voting isn’t even over for the first round, and already im plotting my next choices.

Very well @Rock8man, I can promise you Brazil gets nominated.

Unintentional feedback which indicates trimming 4 days off the nomination/voting time period is no big deal.

I am also not a huge Brazil fan, despite generally admiring Gilliam’s uneven oeuvre. Open to having my mind changed, though.

Speaking of Brazil, I didn’t vote because none of the aforementioned streaming services are available in Brazil, making it effectively impossible for me to watch pretty much any of the nominated movies.

I’ll still follow you and this thread for the rare case in which I might be able to join in watching (or nominating) an actual movie, but for now, I’ll just vicariously enjoy your experience in the best way I can muster. ;)

Check your PMs for some links. Let me know if they are view-able in Dom Pedro’s former Empire. :)

Thank you for the links - I had no idea the film was available elsewhere. I guess I’ll be able to join you this time. Woot! Thanks!

Hmmm. I think I’ll have to nominate The Man Who Fell to Earth next.

I’m a fan of that film, Nicholas Roeg, David Bowie, Candy Clark, Rip Torn and the New Mexico settings. Great choice.