Quarter To Three Movie Club - October 2018 Film is Tokyo Story - Spoilers Allowed!!

BraZIIIIIIIIL
Where hearts were entertaining june
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly murmured “someday soon”
We kissed and clung together

I’ll pin the posts for the specific movies, so someone ping me when this whole voting thing is over. I’m still holding out hope for Chupacabra Terror, starring Chelan Simmons, John Rhys-Davies, and Giancarlo Esposito.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom. I’ll PM you with some pinnable posts after the election is over. Also, I’ll hit you up during November’s election as well.

The Polls have closed. Tokyo Story is the winner with 41% of the vote.

Tokyo%20Story
Tokyo Story - imdb: 8.2/10 (40,497) / RT: 100
Available on: Kanopy, Filmstruck (Free or Subscription); Amazon, iTunes (Rental, 3.99).

Trailer:

The Thread will now stay spoiler-free until Saturday 20 October, 2018 at 2359 EST. This gives everyone 10 days to watch the film. After that time discussion to include spoilers will begin. As well, the Four Stooges will submit impressions/comments/reviews after that date.

If anyone anywhere in the world has any issues finding a copy or version of any of these films to watch online, please, PM me and I may be able to help you out.

Wait. What? I thought that said Toy Story!

Dangit!

-xtien

For those in the UK, it appears to only be available digitally on the BFI Player channel on Amazon (you can get a seven day free trial if you’re on Prime). It’s also available for rental on Cinema Paradiso or to purchase on Amazon for £9.

-xtien

PMing you some links, tell me if they work for you.

I’m good, I have a BFI Player sub and it’s also arriving as a Blu-Ray rental soon.

Groovy. Really fascinated to see how it’s received here.

Spurred on by this video, I think before watching Tokyo Story again I’m gonna try to fill in the gaps in my Ozu experience. I’ve seen most everything of his around Tokyo Story, but there are a bunch of earlier and later films I haven’t seen. I’m pretty sure a lot of them are on Filmstruck.

OK, good stuff. Like I posted, if anyone needs help, let me know.

34 (!?!) films on FillmStruck.

I’ll probably do the “Season” films and Floating Weeds.

Check your library. Mine has the Criterion label.

Excellent video. I think people are going to see that Wes Anderson(??!) was influenced quite a bit by Ozu.

I hope I didn’t steal your copy.

What have I gotten myself into?

You’ll be fine!
My issue isn’t finding the movie: it’s finding a working DVD player.

Honestly, I figured you’d be all over this pick. You’ve always struck me as the cinephile type who would enjoy older black and white foreign films.