Quarter To Three Movie Club - October 2018 Film is Tokyo Story - Spoilers Allowed!!

Maybe, I have no idea. But I love bonkers films. I’ll be more than happy with any of the shortlist. Well, except Hudson Hawk. Maybe even that, if it’s as bad as it’s reputation. I remember playing the demo of the videogame.

Word. That’s why I’m a Tribe vote too. Tokyo Story has maybe the most boring plot description I’ve ever read. I’m sure it’s great, but an old movie about being old and contemplating death? That… does not sound appealing.

Yeah, I gotta say, it’s the entry on the list I’m least excited by. But assuming it wins (which seems likely), I’ll give it a shot. Can always bail if I get too bored.

Yes you have a secret love of bad films.

Not all that secret.

Once upon a time, I had a secret MST3K-like thing for schlock. Then one day I realized there was so much quality in the world, and life was short.

I have often watched MST3K and thought that they should shut up and watch the damn movie. :)

Well, things are tight. Moon just moved into a 3-way tie for second place, @marquac , I think @Thraeg just nudged it there. This is a tight one.

Can anyone vote?

Sure, Rich. As well as nominate (next one is in November)!

Take a look at the first post for the laydown. We’d like to see as many comments as possible, but at bare minimum, voting and watching the film. I will say if you vote, you gotta watch. :) Even if your candidate loses.

Cool. I have not seen Moon. And so I shall.

Wait, what happened? I thought we were all gonna watch Chupacabra Terror.

-Tom

Well, since even you didn’t vote for it in the Jungle Primary round,the forum provided judgement of it by awarding it 0 votes.

I might have voted for it had it been available in the UK. I’m still kind of tempted to import it.

VHS only. Hard to get. Console yourself; have you seen A Dog and His Boy yet?

I’m all aboard the Hudson Hawk train. Choo, choo!

To avoid this becoming the QT3 Bad Movie Club, looks like the sane people on this board are going to have to unite behind a better choice.

I’m willing to vote for anything not Hudson Hawk.

C’mon folks. Since Tribe is clearly not gonna win 😢, I’ve got a swing vote available. I mentioned this upthread, but Hudson Hawk, while a fun movie, has Sandra Bernhard–most annoying actor ever–in it, in possibly her most annoying role.

Ow! Just seeing that face caused pain!