Quarter to Three YouTube Channel

Superthanks for the support, guys! I guess I need to put up an actual welcome video instead of the weird placeholder there now.

Gah! Well, I lost that game anyway, so who cares if it gets an asterisk.

500 subscribers would be pretty cool, but I’m not holding my breath. However, I was able to get a custom channel name already, assuming you mean custom URL. We’re at:

Starting tomorrow, I’ll be streaming Dark Souls 3 all week from 6pm to 8pm Pacific, but my intention in the future is to spend time with more obscure games. Maybe not tank dating sims, but definitely that sort of niche/unknown stuff. Last night, I recorded an hour explaining a videogame boardgame about gremlins. An hour! I figured it would be a fifteen minute video. Nope. A freakin’ hour. It’s guaranteed to get tens of views, but it’s the sort of thing I enjoy exploring and the sort of thing I’d like to regularly schedule.

And for now, as I’m figuring this stuff out and getting used to a routine, I’m sticking with YouTube. I’ll look into whether it’s worth migrating over to Twitch down the road a bit.

-Tom

I have no intention of watching streams/letsplays. I enjoy more directed videos, like reviews and (for games like diablo3), talking about build strategies and tactics. But there’s room for all.

OH nice! I thought it took 500 subscribers to get a custom channel name, but I guess they’ve changed that. Congrats!

And please, you’ll have well more than 500 subscribers in no time flat.

I subscribed, and I’ve never subscribed to anything on Youtube before. And that Dark Souls III stream was the first one I ever watched. I never thought I’d enjoy a livestream of anything, but that was such a blast.

Fezzes? C’mon, berets and monocles.

That trick with the war game pieces was amazing. It makes them so gorgeous!

Pssst, it’s a secret between you and Tom. You’re not supposed to talk about it. ;)

You might be surprised, some of the stuff that gets insane numbers of plays has to do with things not many other people are doing. I think it’s actually easier to get a following doing what you plan to do, than be user #232387723 playing Hearthstone.

Hopefully some D&D actual play! (You can be the cleric McMaster)

Qt3-based d20 shenanigans deserve to be shared with the wider world!

What, you think I wasn’t going to sub to this?

Please.

Tens of views?!? Dude, how do you do it?

Subbed, of course.

Awesome- Subscribed!

Subscribed. And my apologies Tom, but I couldn’t stop laughing when you fell of the cliff when you had just about won… :-)

I subscribed and also put you on my suggested channel list on my channel. Not like I get a ton of traffic or anything, but maybe it’ll help :)

(Username is DrJonez)

Subscribed the other day. Thanks for the Grim Dawn introduction. It actually made me give an a-rpg a try for once!

Sub, of course!

Hmm, I will subscribe if I can figure out how to do it. Do I need to be signed up for some sort of social media before I can subscribe to this. I guess I will find out :).

You’ll need a Google account, which may or may not automatically sign you up for Google+ these days.

Cool, thanks. I think I have one of those. I believe I used that to create my first YouTube video about a month ago.