Quarterlies 2017! The Qt3 forum readers’ choice for the best game of 2017 is …

Boy, am I out of step. I never played any of those, let alone considered them for best of the year.

I am the same, but truth be told, have I had the hardware, I would gladly have given them a try.

I didn’t vote, because I didn’t even play 5 (much less 10) games from last year. But I am surprised that Mass Effect Andromeda beat out Assassin’s Creed Origins. Both were similar in trying to put a more open world on top of their formula, but although I liked ME:A a lot more than others, I thought AC:O pulled it off better, and it was actually, gameplay-wise, much closer to AC4:BF, but without the annoying tailing and eavesdropping missions.

And FTR, the reason I didn’t play many games released last year was because so much of my time was taken up by Witcher 3 and its expansions, as I finally played through everything. And I couldn’t vote for that… :)

Yeah my highest ranked game is in the high teens, with Age of Rivals, while the other two new games I played last year are ranked much lower. One only voted on by me and one other guy. Poor Tales of Berseria…

Oh, my bad. Forgot to vote.

@DaveLong will never forgive you, Mike!

I can sense Dave’s forum avatar already yelling. :D

Still would have only bumped it to 2nd above Prey, wouldn’t have got it to first.

Yeah, not really a big deal. Winning 2017 game of the year is so 2017.

Wait. The number one game is PS4 only? OUTRAGE! FAKE NEWS! VOTER FRAUD! SHITHOLE!

Not good enough Qt3. Sort it. :)

Seriously though this was a fun event!

2017, man, I gotta say, Zelda really got robbed.

No one brings threads back from the dead like @Rock8man, pictured here in his living (dying?) room:

Really regrettable decision.

At least I was in the “correct” person’s club

Nah, I’m pretty happy with my vote still.

It will never stop amusing me that Mass Effect Andromeda made it into the top five for the year.

Yeah, I love that game, but it was straight up broken trash when it launched.

It beat both Super Mario Odyssey and Nier Automata.

It was #6 though, and games 6-10 all were separated by 7 “points”.

7 people voted for it to be #1 though, crazy. Even if I like a game, I can’t award something that was shipped so broken and without care.

This game came out 6 years ago and I sitll don’t have a PC that can run it.