Question for cat owners... our kitty stinks like !#*@

Do you konw where I can get kitty wipes cheap? They’re insanely expensive here!

Have you heard of Google?

Slightly OT, but I would like to know what the heck might cause a short-haired, seemingly well-groomed male cat to get occasionally (every other week or so) ass-stinky. As in, he smells of ass. This does not strike me as an ailment, but as sheer negligence. I thought cats prioritized for odor control. With fur like that, and nothing to do all day/night but eat or sleep, there’s no excuse. So is this like his day off or something?

It’s a control thing. The cat is letting you know how bad it could be every day.

I don’t know if the same thing happens in cats, as they do in dogs, however, my sister’s dogs kick major funk about once a month. Their anal glands leak. Nothing much to do about that one, though. I forget where I picked up my kitty wipes, but I don’t use them that often. I’ve honestly never bathed this cat once, for fear of my delicate skin. She is an uber bitch with very long claws. However, every couple weeks I’ll wipe her down with kitty wipes, so it’s pretty inexpensive, if you look at it over a period of time.

Erik J.

Sounds like a catass issue. Does your pussy play WOW?

Russian Blues are actually shorthaired cats. She might be a Nebelung though, which is the long haired version. :)

How many litter trays do you have? The rule is one litter tray per cat plus one extra. You may find that your cat prefers two trays, one for each function :) Also, trim her ass hair. Less likely to get stinky klingons.

One of the most unpleasant job that I’ve ever had to do as a vet tech is to discharge anal glands. Imagine the nastiest smell you’ve ever smelled and multiply it times 10.

I’ve seen all the “Dirty Jobs” episodes on Discovery, and of everything I think that was the most disgusting.

We have to litter trays side-by-side for both cats to use. Sasha (our kitten) tears the liners to shreds. Looks like Freddy Kreuger was trapped in the litter box.