Quick! - top 5 "early access" space games

Want to see if mine gels with yours, or if I’m way off and missing cool stuff. Show me yours first, then I’ll show you mine… honest! I wouldn’t leave you standing there nikkid with just a digital list-pad covering your dingle dangles lol ;p

OK ambien is about to knock me out. Lets hear em!

StarSector?

It will be only finished in merely 2-3 years!

/cries

My first pick would be Rodina, although it’s pre-pre-pre-early access.

Oxygen Not Included

Star Sector
Rodina
Avorion
Starpoint Gemini: Warlords
Empyrion

Are the top five that come to my head in this particular moment.

Everspace
Avorion
Rodina
Void Destroyer 2

Oh. Yes. All excellent.

Endless Space 2, mentioned because it has not been mentioned yet.

Not a ton of content last time I checked, but:

Astroneer

I don’t know about top 5, but Megaton Rainfall looks like you have to destroy Earth in order to save it, which could be fun. Dunno, may not be spacey enough.

“Become an indestructible interdimensional superbeing in this first person superhero game. With immense destructive power and supersonic flying capabilities, your mission is to save Earth from an alien invasion. Be careful though - you are so powerful you can destroy entire skyscrapers (unintentionally) when you miss your otherworldly target…”

While this looks awesome, I woooooouuuldn’t qualify it as spacey.

Here were my own choices, tell me how I’m wrong if you like:

• Endless Space 2
  • Avorion
  • Empyrion
  • Osiris New Dawn (don’t own)
  • Interstellar Rift (don’t own)

I’ve never heard of Rodina? Or maybe I have and forgot? Interesting name. Reminds me of Rhodesia which we just talked about on Tom’s last steam (is now known as Zimbabwe)

edit

Rodina was on my wishlist and now I kinda remember it.

Why would you be wrong?

The last two :) Seems people have been rather polarized by them. OSD gets a lot of “overhyped little to do” kind of comments. For myself it looks gorgeous of course and has the potential to give visual immersion unlike many other games. Hopefully they can up non-grindy content to make it really special.

So, I’m sometimes very late to the party. Not enough gaming time, whatever. But this is apparently still being added to and I picked it up not long ago. This is, so far, a super fun game. I’m struck by how cheap it was compared to NMS, and yet how much awesome stuff it has in it despite the cheap price.

Has anyone here played it enough to give adivice on things to do or avoid?

It is indeed a blast. Its been a while since I played it , I dont recall any things to avoid really. The difficulty ramped up nicely I recall. Oh, skip the hover vehicle category stuff, its not worth the effort, I remember that. Otherwise, enjoy! I need to get back to it again soon, its a very fun game.

It has so much great things in it. Base building, crafting, survival, other species, other planets, multiplayer. I really hope the devs for it are making out like bandits. Compared to NMS (our old thread) this game is a steal.

No Space Pirates & Zombies 2 love?
Thought it would have a got a mention at least as the SPAZ2 EA seems to be shaping up quite nicely.

SPAZ2 is looking great, it just didn’t pop into my head last time.

Starpoint Gemini Warlords just hit beta today as well, FYI.

Too many to choose from… what a great time to be a space junkie. :-)