Quite possibly a very useful new site

Boy, I’ve been posting a lot lately. :shock: Anyway, what your peeing boy has for you today is this tres cool site.

I think we’ve all had those times when we’re like, “What was that game where you rode on a carpet and had to dive down sumo wrestler’s throats to rescue the lost frogs?” And this site aims to solve that problem. Simply put your query in the form and I assume it either matches up with the site’s database, or they answer for you as quickly as they can. My query seemed a bit more complicated (its about some watersport frog trading game), so nothing yet.

They even have a comments section where all sorts of neat trivia is already coming up and an unsolved mysteries section where visitors can help solve obscure game riddles. Seeing as how I have a practical degree in obscure Japanese games, I think I’ll help out!

But seeing as how you guys are practically encyclopedias of gaming knowledge, I bet a good lot of you could stump that site, so why don’t your try? Here’s hoping it grows quickly and becomes a good resource. I think its quite a nifty idea.

I wonder if it anyone is going to be mean and make up imaginary games…and how they’ll guard against that type of thing?

-Kitsune

:shock:

I guess I have to be the one to tell him…

Kitsune, people are going to laugh because “watersports” is slang for, well, peeing on someone to sexually arouse them.

You know, just to be safe, I’d consider not mentioning anything to do with liquid ever again.

:(

I do believe I am doomed.

-Kitsune

Please God, don’t let Kitsune have a Gainward Golden Sample video card for his PC. Please.

:shock:

–scharmers

Taste the Golden Spray!

I’m sorry. I think I’ve unleashed a tidal wave.

That does look like a very helpful website, Kitsune. Thanks for telling us about it.

It’d be cool if the site was set up like the Twenty Questions page.

Is it a FPS/RPG/RTS/Sports/War game, etc.
FPS.
Was it made by id?
No.
Does it have a sword as a melee weapon?
Yes.
Does it have robotic frogs?
Yes.
I am guessing that it’s John Romero’s Daikatana.

Heh. They should hook something like that up to Mobygames…would be pretty fun to try and stump it.

Don’t worry. In the USA, they drink something called “beer”. I’m told it tastes worse than piss.

Don’t worry. In the USA, they drink something called “beer”. I’m told it tastes worse than piss.[/quote]

Same colour too. If they just carbonated piss I bet it would taste better.

Neat site, the only problem is that they email ya with the answer. Too bad they don’t have a fast enough search query that they could display the answer right away.

Don’t worry. In the USA, they drink something called “beer”. I’m told it tastes worse than piss.[/quote]

Yeah, you japanese are far too culturally ass backwards to know what beer is. Don’t worry, someday we’ll relieve you of your ignorance. (I thought beer was/is a really big thing japan?)

Yeah, you japanese are far too culturally ass backwards to know what beer is. Don’t worry, someday we’ll relieve you of your ignorance. (I thought beer was/is a really big thing japan?)[/quote]
The other day, I saw an anime where the members of a baseball team actually goaded their alcoholic coach to drink beer again after he had sworn off alcohol.
It was like the first Big Brother series all over again! (not that I saw that, but I’ve heard about it)

That site rules.

Was it made before 1993?
No.
Was it made after 2001?
No.
I am guessing that at some point, Old Man Murray made fun of this game.

I guess it’s time to haul out this old joke…

Q: Why is sex in a canoe like American beer?

A: Both are fucking close to water.

You guys have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Overall, as far as quality and variety is concerned, America has the best beer in the entire world outside of Belgium. Try living in Ireland, where the only passable local beer is Guinness, there are no such things as microbreweries and import beers cost four euros or more per 330ml bottle.

I think people confuse American mass-market beer with good American beer, which is odd, since most of the people that do it live in America, and the good stuff isn’t very difficult to find.

Yeah, but the microbrews that raised the standard here in America either didn’t exist or were only locally distributed until about 10 years ago. The huge corpus of American-beer jokes that built up before that will likely stay with us for a few decades yet — like the “Made in Japan” jokes of the 1950s and 60s.

I don’t know what I’m talking about, but the japanese family I occassionally spend weekends with does. I was informed that beer is a big thing over on that side of the pacific.

Can you speak with authority about Asia’s beer market (or rather, japan’s)?

Regardless, I wasn’t really that serious about it. It just sounded like an America > * comment.