Quote: NO!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/ap_on_re_us/stevens_investigation

That is awe inspiring. Senator No Bridge Too Far vs the IRS. I can’t wait.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Make sure they check his series of tubes.

I love how they found a file photo that looks like a perp walk. Douchebag.

H.

To remember the time of “this is the saddest day of my life” after a bill allowing oil drilling in Alaska was defeated.

To quote Jon Stewart: “This just in, Ted Stevens has had the happiest life ever.”

Bwa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

I’m sorry: this is a serious matter and I’m not giving it the gravitas it deserves. It’s just not befitting of the Intar-tubes!

. . .

Bwa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

And a potential issue tying it back to the ongoing DoJ issues

Stevens said in a statement that his attorneys were advised of the impending search yesterday morning.

I’m not inclined to give this DoJ the benefit of the doubt but
isn’t the issue work done on Steven’s condo/house?

Contractors have told a federal grand jury that in 2000, Veco executives oversaw a lavish remodeling of Stevens’s house in Girdwood, an exclusive ski resort area 40 miles from Anchorage, according to statements by the contractors.

In addition, the Anchorage Daily News reported last month that a second grand jury was hearing testimony in Washington involving the Girdwood home project. The remodeling, which took place in 2000, involved putting the senator’s one-story house on stilts and building a new ground floor, making it two stories.

Jefferson hid his bribe money in the freezer with the soy burgers - kinda hard to hide a new ground floor.

Another good reason to hate him:

This is the same dickwad who wants to censor satellite radio.
I wonder which broadcasting company was “lobbying” him for that?

It is, the reason I mention the DoJ is that Stevens appears to have been warned well before the search was conducted. You don’t typically see instances of “Here’s our Warrant, we’ll be by later this afternoon.”

I’m beginning to like Ted Stevens. He may have put us over the top.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/31/AR2007073100200.html?hpid=topnews

Yeah, the warning smells a bit, I doubt the fed’s will be letting me know when they are coming for my “stash”.

My point was that the search was proably to photograph the renovations. Which you understood, but I don’t think that should keep us from having a furious argument that devolves into hurtful personal attacks. Jerk.

Totally off on a tangent, but I still wonder why he gets so much flack for the “series of tubes” remark.

The internet is composed of a network of point-to-point links with various capacities. We often speak of internet connections and bandwidth in terms of “pipes”. Why does Stevens get flack for referring to it as tubes? Aren’t pipes and tubes essentially the same thing, as far as metaphors go?

Well,

Stevens is threatening to put a hold on the bill:

Republican Sen. Ted Stevens, whose home back in Alaska was raided by federal investigators Monday in a wide-ranging corruption investigation, has threatened to place a hold on the Democratic-drafted ethics legislation just passed by the House and expected on the Senate floor by week’s end.

Dick Cheney, that he was upset that the measure would interfere with his travel to and from Alaska – and vowed to block it.

And Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho), confirming Stevens’ threat, said bluntly: “There could be a lot of holds on this bill.”

Like Caspar says:

It's a wrong situation.  It's gettin' so a
      businessman can't expect no return from a fixed
      fight.  Now if you can't trust a fix, what can
      you trust?  For a good return you gotta go
      bettin' on chance, and then you're back with
      anarchy.  Right back inna jungle.  On account of
      the breakdown of ethics.  That's why ethics is
      important.  It's the grease makes us get along,
      what separates us from the animals, beasts a
      burden, beasts a prey.  Ethics.

. . . and that’s why I fell in love with Miller’s Crossing from the first scene. Hell, from the first shot of the ice going into the glass.

H.

Clear. As. Mud.

One of the Coen brothers’ less-known films, Miller’s Crossing. A must-see.

H.

In case anyone was wondering what happens to corrupt politicians after the fall:

Den Stevens, the corrupt little shit spewed forth from the nepotistic ass that is Ted Stevens, is back to crewing a ship as he waits to be tried for accepting a quarter million in bribes.