Quote of the year, from a Utah National Guard Lt

Commenting on why he’ll stay in the Guard:

1st Lt. Bruce Bishop, 31, a Salt Lake County firefighter, said he’ll stay “because as I look around at the state of this nation and see all of the weak little pampered candy-asses that are whining about this or protesting that, I’d be afraid to leave the fate of this nation entirely up to them.”

Can you imagine “us” (I include myself) in the 1770’s and 1780’s, and how we would have behaved? I doubt very much that there even would have been a United States of America.

Humorous, considering bitching and moaning about every tiny little thing is exactly why the Revolution even happened. A sales tax! Oh the tyranny!

Are you certain you’re in the right forums? By the way, when’s your National Guard tour start, Cindy? What? You’re not joining the Guard? But wouldn’t that mean you’re not putting your money where your mouth is? Now hurry to your nearest recruiting station so you can throw yourself on a grenade to serve your country. FOR LIBERTY!

Cindy- I’m not following how being protest-happy doesn’t lead to the USA. Isn’t criticism of the government exactly the sort of thing that causes revolutions?

Many of the founding fathers who were smugglers who lost business because of changes in British maritime laws. So clearly it’s that forum that gladguy posted about with the free Xbox that would lead the charge.

Are you certain you’re in the right forums?
Politics and religion, right?

By the way, when’s your National Guard tour start, Cindy? What? You’re not joining the Guard? But wouldn’t that mean you’re not putting your money where your mouth is? Now hurry to your nearest recruiting station so you can throw yourself on a grenade to serve your country. FOR LIBERTY
I served in the US Army from 1967 through '68 (early out for college).

Ben, I think it was the “whining” thing that most struck me; you know, “Why didn’t the gov’t stop Wilma, or at least make it so that I wasn’t inconvenienced?”

Big difference in bitching about the government, and taking arms against it, and bitching about the government because it doesn’t take care of you from cradle to grave.

linky

On Dec. 1, Alex Cornell du Houx, a 21-year-old Bowdoin College senior from Solon will head to Iraq for approximately 10 months as part of the Alpha 1st Company Battalion of the Marines.

Instead of staying up late to finish off college papers and cram for finals, Cornell du Houx will use his training and experience as a 0351 Assault Man to shoot rockets, deal with demolitions and work the Javelin Missile System.

The senior is most well known on the Bowdoin College campus in his role as development director for the College Democrats of America and as co-president of the Maine College Democrats. Under his leadership, the organization in Maine has grown from two chapters to 23.

While Cornell du Houx has actively rallied against many of President Bush’s policies, he feels that his involvement in the Marines is not a conflict of interest.

“Regardless of my opinions regarding the war in Iraq, it is my duty as a U.S. Marine to serve and I am ready and willing to do my job to its fullest extent,” he said.

Others on campus, particularly his political opponents in the Bowdoin College Republicans, feel differently about his service. Daniel Schuberth, a leader of the Bowdoin College Republicans and College Republican national secretary, said, "I applaud Mr. Houx for his service, just as I applaud any other soldier who is brave enough to take up arms in defense of his country. I find it troubling, however, that one of the most vocal opponents of our president, our country and our mission in Iraq has chosen to fight for a cause he claims is wrong. Mr. Houx’s rhetoric against the war on terror places him in agreement with the most radical fringes of the Democratic Party, and I am left to question his logic and motivation."

fucking pampered candy ass.

And the non-fringes of the democratic party. And most independants. And some moderate Republicans.

Although I didn’t know that the war in Iraq was part of the war on terror.

He’s the kind of 1st Louie we used to inspire to run into enemy fire and lead by example… :lol:

then, hopefully we’d get a better one we could teach up…

Haven’t you heard, son? It’s the very center of that war. Hell, the entire war is won or lost depending on whether or not we “win” in Iraq.

Psht, stop your whining and get back to combat! There’s a war going on out there, didn’t you hear? College is fer pampered candy-asses with money and dem dar books, ya hear!

First Lieutenant in the Utah National Guard don’t really have the strongest case to call anyone else “candy-assed”.

Well, maybe community college ROTC cadets. ;)

The quote is to distract us from the matter at hand, that CindySue needs to take a long walk off a short go fuck himself.

I think I have an extra anvil around here somewhere that would go nicely with that.

Psht, stop your whining and get back to combat! There’s a war going on out there, didn’t you hear? College is fer pampered candy-asses with money and dem dar books, ya hear![/quote]
I don’t think they’d let her back in. Through no fault of her own.

Personal attacks are so cute.

What can we say? Nobody likes a Republican.

Personal attacks are so cute.[/quote]

Not nearly as cute as dodging Vietnam by going off to college. Coward.

H.

The guy lives in Utah. When Bush’s ratings are down around 10%, we’ll be the only ones stupid enough to still approve of his leadership. I can’t think of many places that will blindly follow a Republican as well as Utahns.

I can say your statement is not true.