R.I.P., Alan Rickman

Given the Bowie news, it’s really fuck-cancer week. Man. :(

No, not Hans! One of the great movie villains. RIP.

By Grabthar’s hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be remembered and celebrated.

Never forget

RIP. I did not know Die Hard was his film debut and he was so good in it. F#@k cancer.

He was the only good thing in that Robin Hood movie, too. Man worked his ass off in those scenes.

He was in a handful of terrible movies, but he was never the thing that made them terrible. And he made a fair number of good films great.

Do you mind? We are getting married here". Loved his work, sad to hear cancer got him.

Fuuuuuuuck. I didn’t know he had cancer. This sucks. He was so damn good in every part he played.

R.I.P.

Dammit. He’ll be missed by a great many, including my friends and I.

And at age 69. Being 63, it makes me start to sweat a little.

RIP

Yeah this is sad news. :(

Godspeed good sir. RIP.

What a week. RIP.

Yeah, fuck cancer. By Grabthar’s Hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!

Holy shit, this just guts me. R.I.P. sir.

Goddammit Biden, you were supposed to stop this!

But in truth, this is just so fucking sad. What a brilliant actor who left such a definitive stamp on so many roles. While I agree that his turns in Die Hard, Harry Potter, and Galaxy Quest were fantastic, Rickman will always hold a special place in my heart for his making the otherwise unremarkable Hitchhiker’s Guide movie very enjoyable for every moment that Marvin was onscreen.

One of the first TV roles I’d seen Rickman in was a bit role in Smiley’s People, very young in a scene with Alec Guinness.

Will definitely be missed.

— Alan

When we country mice went to New York City to see my city mouse sister, we had to see something on Broadway, and so we saw Alan Rickman in a play called Seminar. Rickman was terrific as an older professor type providing expensive guidance to a small group of wannabe writers. Much like fellow 69-year-old British artist David Bowie, Rickman personified sophistication and cool, although Rickman’s roles usually portrayed him as sneeringly superior to everyone else in the cast and audience. But many of his roles showed that the sneer was masking a deep emotional vulnerability.

Man, fuck cancer.

Ah damn. Too many already. Will people please stop all this dying? RIP.

Alan Rickman was pretty great in everything I’ve seen him in. Even in trifling little movies like Bottle Shock, where he played a sommelier looking for a California wine that could compete with French wines. Even in Love, Actually where Rickman has I guess the only semi-tragic story in that love fest. He was a great actor who never let me down. Hate to lose him so soon.