R.I.P. Ann Heche - terrible auto accident

edit:

It is very sad. I watched her entire run on Another World (1987-1991) and it is mind-boggling how talented she was. There was something electric when she was on screen. The YouTube clips focus on the larger than life sorts of moments. They were great, but so were the quieter ones.

Sad. It sounds like a terrifying experience.

There were some initial Twitter comments that were trying to lay into Heche for endangering the home owners, which I found in bad taste while a) she was in intensive care, b) the home owners apparently were uninjured. Reserve blame for long after the dust settled, if then (and not in this case, given outcomes). Surprise surprise, Twitter has no sense of tact.

From what I’ve read, she was in a car accident where she crashed into a home, sped away in her car, and hit another home. This in a day when there was a huge crash in LA where someone drove their car at missile speed and killed a bunch of people at an intersection.

People will have opinions.

Shame about the result though.

Sad news to hear, I enjoyed her in the few movies I saw her in.

Seems like she was in some significant mental distress. At least she only killed herself and didn’t take anyone with her…though from the video, she pretty easily could’ve.

Yeah, I understand why people would be critical of the situation, if you watch the video it is pretty clear we are very lucky only one person died. She was driving extremely dangerously, and the homeowner was lucky to not have died, and lost a lot of their home in the process.

It is pretty obvious, from the videos, that she was in some sort of altered state, and needed help mentally or medically. it is a shame it happened, but if you were anywhere near that, I can understand being upset that someone in that state was behind the wheel, where families live, people in their kids walk their dogs etc.

There are photos of her behind the wheel, taken by folks after the first crash. Clearly shows a bottle of alcohol next to her in the car, and she did not look like she was in good shape.

From reports, it’s a wonder that she didn’t die at the scene. She was trapped in that burning vehicle for a very long time. Even if she survives she suffered horrific burns.

That seems like an unpleasant way to go. If you’re going to self-terminate at least do it in a way that doesn’t inconvenience anyone else.

Every other day some piece of shit jumps onto the subway tracks here in NYC, delaying everybody’s train and making them late for work. There must be some threshold where inconveniencing tens of thousands of people has to karmically exceed murdering one toddler.

Yeah, being so hopeless and miserable you decide to end your life horrifically is bad, but being late for work with a perfectly valid excuse is definitely worse.

I mean, TMZ has video from a RING camera from before the accident. Note, there is no crash footage, but some gnarly photos post crash.

She has to be going at least 50-60 mph down a 2 lane residential street.

I feel sorry for her, but that video is terrifying to me. I walk my dog every day on residential streets, no sidewalk. Luckily it isn’t a very well maintained road, so going 50 mph would destroy your car, but it is scary nonetheless.

Sweating buckets on a 125F subway platform (not exaggerating) for half an hour isn’t fun, and multiply that by a twenty thousand people. Or standing on a train packed so close you can feel the body heat of the homeless man asking for money, you can taste that sickly-sweet unique smell the homeless have about them, like a coating on your tongue.

I hope anyone that jumps in front of a train lives, but is horribly mutilated. Ideally the only things that works in their horrifically ravaged, scarred corpses are their tear ducts.

Cocaine is a helluva drug. Glad to hear she didn’t intentionally self-terminate, anyway.

Killing yourself is certainly a sign of having mucho fun.

This is sad for her and her family, but I can also see how it and that terrible crash last week are symbols for people fed up with wantonly aggressive driving over the last year. Locally, our new police chief is basically making pulling people over her whole platform and the public is largely loving it, unlike just a couple years ago when they were asking for less of it.

She crashed into two houses. Typically after you crash into one house you consider calling an Uber. She could have easily killed a bunch of people.

Reports are saying she’s now dead.

In 2001, Heche published a memoir, Call Me Crazy, which detailed her turbulent upbringing as the youngest of five childrenin a family that moved 11 times during her childhood.

When Heche was 13, her father died of Aids, which she said he contracted from same-sex partners. Heche also claimed that her father repeatedly raped her as a child, leading to her contracting genital herpes when young. Other members of her family disputed the claim.

Three months after their father died, Heche’s brother, Nathan, died in a car crash, which his sister claimed was suicide. Heche became estranged from her mother soon after.

In 2000, according to reports, Heche drove to the desert and walked some distance to a stranger’s ranch where she asked to take a shower and then settled in the living room to watch a film.

The occupant of the house called the local sheriff after Heche showed no sign of leaving; the actor was briefly admitted to a psychiatric unit and admitted that she had taken ecstasy. In her book, Heche says she was “insane” for the first 31 years of her life owing to the abuse she said she had suffered at the hands of her father.

Promoting the memoir, Heche said that in the past she would retreat for security into an alter ego: Christ’s half-sister who had contact with extraterrestrial life forms.

I guess it stuck with her.

What a tragic end to a tragic life.

Well sure, who doesn’t?

In retrospect, hearing that crazy shit from her memoirs, she clearly needed help.