Race for the Galaxy

I have been playing this game ALL DAY LONG. I’ve played about a dozen games (minus expansions) vs the AI (1 v 3) at medium difficulty, and have been having a great time. Then I created a 1v1 multiplayer game and wrapped that up in about 20 minutes (I barely won thanks to my very last card played, yay), and it was fun because the person at the other end was actively playing “real time” with me for the duration.

The game seems rock solid, except in that 1v1 multi-player match, where it crashed 3 times. But thanks to the asynchronous turn-based nature of the game, and the fact you can very quickly re-load and rejoin the game precisely where you left off, the crashes didn’t hinder the experience much at all. I’m sure they’ll be addressed, and they don’t worry me. And like I said, I didn’t have a single crash in all dozen+ games I’ve been blitzing through with the AI.

This is a wonderful translation of the game on tablets. it took a few games for me to figure out the answers to a couple questions I had (mostly while learning the UI), but as far as the base game is concerned, I’ve got everything but unfaltering game-winning strategic decisions all figured out.

I ended up buying both expansions a few minutes ago. I will probably ease into them, if only because I’m still learning the best moves and strategies of the base game, and I don’t want to distract myself with new bells and whistles.

Someone from here added me to their friend’s list, but I’m not sure who. I changed my in-game handle to kerzain so people have an idea who i am going forward.

I also noticed Soren Johnson in the credits as one of the testers/feedbackers. That guy gets around.

I really enjoyed my table-top copy of the game, but only stopped playing after a move a few years ago where I took too long to unpack and and moved on to console gaming. This version of the game is such a delight, very welcome addition to my Google Play library.