Radical Heights - Boss Key's post Lawbreakers joint

Not enough “Booyah!” or “To the max!”

No one asked for this.

they could have at least dialed in first person view to have something somewhat unique.

Once bitten…

Oh good. More joints.

If they play up the gameshow angle this could be good. I fucking LOVED Super Monday Night Combat because the gameshow part was so expertly done. The commentators, what they would say and when they’d say it, was easily the best I’ve ever seen. Love, love, loved that game, though I got into it too late.

More Battle Royale games are good, as there is a LOT more you can do with a BR game. And of course the haters will hate it regardless since they don’t like the genre.

What I don’t like here, though, is that you can use earned cash to get an advantage in-game (and “founders” will earn 10% more cash than everyone else), as that’s a direct counter to what makes a good BR game (where everybody starts out the same).

The extreme jokes feel pretty low effort here. It’s not very clever, even if you like that kind of thing.

r/fellowkids

Yeah…there’s no way this won’t fail…

They already backed down on the cash thing being part of the preorder:

https://twitter.com/Radical_Heights/status/983456774257856513

I’m curious how the cash works. Can you just stockpile it in one game then use it to buy a gun faster in the next game? If so, it’s kind of like eco and buy rounds in Counter Strike.

It does seem like it’s trying a bit too hard to be RAD and FRESH.

One thing I loved about Fortnite from day one (pre Battle Royale!) is they had a delightful, distinct visual style that fit the game like a glove. One of the best I’ve seen in any game ever TBH.

My little sister just turned 18, and like all of her friends, she’s nostalgic for the 2000s, maybe the late 1990s at the earliest to see what parents were into.

Even with Ready Player One performing well, this just seems to be a bit out of touch like David Jaffe’s 90’s attitude shooter Drawn to Death. I just don’t see this resonating with young people. It’s not tied to a specific style of shooter from the era either, like Amid Evil and Ion Maiden are, so it feels a little inauthentic. Blood Dragon was a 80’s nostalgia overload, but that was 5 years ago, and it seems a little quaint now.

That said, I hope this Hail Mary gamble pays off, otherwise it’s unlikely Boss Key will stick around.

I love how everything seemed to be made of Jello. Wacking a car with your pickaxe and watching it all wobble was definitely distinct.

Like Battlefield Heroes?

I wish they’d bring that back. It was Fortnite before Fortnite.

Uhh…wow they actually wrote this.

I think their first mistake is that this is only on PC. If they had put it right on PS4 and Xbox One, they’d have a better chance with it. It does seem to be a hail mary to save the company and pay some bills.

The decision to use more or less realistic (if extreeeeme) character models make this look kind of…cheap? It lacks a certain appeal that your Overwatches and Fortnight’s have.

It seems like maybe they’re trying to split the difference a little between PUBG and Fortnight, but that often ends up just appealing to nobody.

there’s a term for it, using bought/existing assets, to describe some shovelware type games. it escapes me at the moment.