Radical Heights - Boss Key's post Lawbreakers joint

Better get your shrubbery game on point.

EXACTLY. I am interested to see in what a really good battle ropyale could be. Fortnite is dumb, and pubg is glitchy and stupid.

this game looks and feels like tota crap tho. it needs a ridiculous amount of work.

no ur dumb

Excellent contribution - 10/10.
rolls eyes

I read somewhere that this was thrown together in 4 months by the developers. I think it’s a last ditch attempt to cash in on the Battle Royale fad to try and keep Boss Key afloat. I give it 6 months at best before another death spiral.

No, it’s their Passion Project.

Gave this a shot last night because why not and confirmed my initial thoughts. Love the aesthetic, can’t stand the genre. I don’t know how the other battle royale games handle it but being able to drop out and queue for another match as soon as you die was a nice “one more turn” hook.

Surprised that it took that long. The current build is… very rough.

Which was the point I was making.

‘no ur dumb’ is a meme.

ur FACE is dumb

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID.

Wait.

Development drama! Cliffy just accused Epic Games of trying to headhunt his Boss Key staff.

In the grimdark future of chasing the leader the only winners are Twitch streamers.

Sacks of money, suitcases of money. Basically no amount of money is too much. It’s literally the difference between going bankrupt and having a hit. It’s Cover of Big Game Magazine x 1,000,000.

Hope the staff land on their feet after the plane goes down.

After the gnarly 1080 they do on the dayglow Huffy BMX on the way down while tweeting about all the Red Bull they injected during the ride.

Well, I have to admit it, I really like the game.
I was very much in line with the underlying tone here that this passion project feels poor…
…and now, thanks to this thread, I’ve already put 6 hours in it. It’s the first BR-experience that got me hooked.

The implementation of the game-show theme isn’t so silly and dumb-over-the-top after all. I think it’s quite nuanced or at least it manages to be as catchy as you should expect from this kind of thing… I fell for it.

Between Fortnite’s not particularly exciting comic look and the military seriousness of PUBG this one is enjoyable to look at. It’s hard to specify but it works for me whereas Fortnite and PUBG - in their own way - are a little bit boring. Well, there still is the horrible performance and lots of missing textures…

But there is also an interesting way the map shrinks, amusing theme related risk management (obtaining ‘special prizes’/handling your money means a dangerous downtime, greedily hunting for cash drops is not a good idea and so on) …and I really like the orchestration of the final shootout.

Boss Key’s community guy is leaving.

for Epic?

who wouldn’t leave for a more stable shop?

Must be doing ok, if they are giving away money prizes.

Average of 2,275 players over the last 30 days and 811 player peak in the last 24 hours.

Wow, so that’s $147 per player, if you divide it up. Wonder why they’re throwing good money after bad? They must be sponsoring the streamers too.