Rage 2 - Bethesda and Avalanche witness me

Rumor has it there will be missions where you get to disable mines. ;)

Man, I’m a lot more enthused by that trailer than you guys. I thought it looked like the crazy cross between Fallout/Roadwarrior/Far Cry that I’ve needed in my life, and loved both the graphics and style. And even the punk music.

Video game developers have the concepts down pat. But then they all end up in similar archetypes.

It’s just my malaise talking. The trailer did seem fun.

I think It may be sorta obvious here if not elsewhere: That may be the LEAST of all IPs that Bethseda could announce. I almost think it feels like a decoy from and elder scrolls game …

On the latest episode of the Giant Bombcast, a reader email speculated Rage 2, a sequel seemingly no one wanted, might exist in its current form because of the George Miller lawsuit, which caused Warner Bros. to halt all in-production Mad Max projects. That would’ve left Avalanche with a lot of assets looking for a new home, and Bethesda could’ve been all like, “nudge nudge, wanna work on our IP?”

I find that suggestion a little unlikely, since the lawsuit only happened late last year, and Rage 2 is a first-person shooter, which isn’t a direction I would imagine Avalanche taking a Mad Max sequel given the third-person view would show-off their iconic lead character better (switching perspective would be a massive undertaking, too).

They’re taking this joke way too far.

What’s too far when your entrails are spilling out?

But seriously, I was disappointed at first because I wanted some Starfield news, but this looks really good.

Man, I am really really hoping Starfield is a surprise announcement at E3.

Well I enjoyed that trailer. I’ve only played Renegade Ops by Avalanche and that was a blast. Borderlands’ sea of loot, repetitive questing and floaty vehicle action never really clicked with me so Rage 2 could be a welcome alternative, even if the writing isn’t as sharp. Avalanche seem a natural fit for the IP too and my hope is that with id being on the box/advertising they’ll be overseeing the first-person gunplay at the least. I own the original Rage but still haven’t played it yet.

Quick - play it before the next one comes out.

I’m hanging on for the HD remaster.

Hell yeah, game is awesome.

Hah, I completely forgot that Renegade Ops was by Avalanche! Loved that game.

As generic as some people said the setting was, I really enjoyed RAGE’s world-building even though the interesting stuff occurs before and after the actual game itself. The ending was shit though and it felt like only half a story.

Oh, the vehicle sections were shit using the FPS engine.

Honestly, I liked the Rage 2 trailer enough to be interested in playing the original Rage now. Especially as it turned out to be the last game produced by Carmack’s iD.

Go for it, the wingstick is awesome.

Also, John Goodman actually is in this.

Its like $3 over on GMG.

Already own it, just never got around to even installing it.