Railway Empire - Railroad Tycoon from Kalypso

I caved and pre-ordered with the GMG discount. It gave me the beta edition too!

Geez I wish you didn’t confirm that, as that uncertainty was the one thing keeping me from being tempted by it!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok I’m gonna bite also. :)

Finished up the first tutorial chapter, I am liking it. There is a miscommunication in the instructions given around 4-5 tasks into the tutorial, corn has to be transported from Evans Farm through Omaha to Norfolk.

Giving this a thumbs up at the $30 price point I paid. There are rough edges, but its fun.

Oooh! DO I get into the beta if I buy it on steam you reckon?

Dunno… GMG gave me a beta key which I guess turns into the full game at release.

cool, cheers. I might chance my arm :) Never used GMG.

I just saw this on the Steam page:

RailwayEmpire-STEAM-PrepurchaseBonus-BETA

wooot! Cheers!

Very curious! I sometimes miss my old days moving freight trains across the Montana Division with BNSF, and I still love Sid Meier’s Railroads!

Ok GMG $32, @lordkosc thumbs up is too good a deal to pass up.

Hopefully, a couple other folks will post first impression before I hit the buy button.

Kalyspo has had so many ok but not really good games, I am reluctant to give them another shot. But both Sid’s original RR Tycoon, and Pop-Tops remakes are among favorite games of all time.

How are you guys getting that price at GMG? When I log in all I see is the same price as Steam.

Check your email. They sent out 25% off codes for it and a few other preorders.

Edit: You can probably just login and go direct to https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

I just signed up so no email. Will try the VIP link. Thanks.

Edit - Got a 25% coupon from the VIP link. Thanks again!

Yes. Once you pre-order Railroad Tycoon on Steam, you are able to participate in its pre-order beta.

You can also get into the beta with a GMG key, that I just bought for $32. :)

First question: I can’t figure out how to rotate a station when I am building it. The tool tip says use shift + middle mouse, but no matter how I try it only move the station from side to side instead of rotating it. Anyone have this problem, or know what I’m doing wrong?

This confused me at first, too. Don’t click the middle mouse button, just hold down shift and use the scroll wheel.

Yeah scroll it. ;)

OK, thanks very much!

Edit - What confused me was that you hold the mouse scroll button to rotate the map but scroll it to rotate the stations.

It’s good to know that the Kalypso touch didn’t necessarily drain the goodness from the game. I liked the Railroad Tycoon games quite a bit. I’ll be pretty happy if this isn’t a clunker as I haven’t played one of these types of games in a while.