Rainbow Six Extraction: if you're wondering where Terrorist Hunt Mode went, look no further!

Nope, no actual connectivity problems besides Extraction.

The only area this fails the XCom test is the equipment upgrades. They are all pretty boring mostly standard equipment upgrades. I’m sure it comes from the Rainbow 6 DNA more than anything else but I would have loved to salvage alien tech and use it against these horrors.

The Operators themselves have some pretty cool moves. My favs for solo so far are Lion for his scanning and Vigil for that sweet stealth.

I really enjoy and use a lot Doc plus the girl who has the decoy and the girl who has the stun grenades.

If it’s any help, they always respond to me immediately when I do the live chat with them through the support site.

Just beat my first Protean and did it solo on stream, then realized I hadn’t hit the button to switch scenes and was showing a loading screen for the entire fight…

This was happening to me and it was caused by my Ubi Connect online status being set to “Invisible.” When I set to online the game worked first time.

You need the blue square around your avatar in the top right of Connect. If you’re away, dnd or invisible there the game wouldn’t connect for me.

Don’t know if that’s going to work for you, but it’s a simple thing to try.

That might be it. I was invisible. Time to try again.

Worked. Thanks!

I can concur with this.

I just hate the creature designs in this game. They look like extras in a low budget horror movie. Put some spandex on 'em, mold some vinyl, add some black slime and some LEDs. Give 'em a six pack, just to make things a little more Michael Bay.

It’s disappointing because monsters and aliens is one of those things where artists can literally go nuts and blow some minds.

You can make eldritch horrors with tentacles going everywhere, you can do screaming bird people, you can do skinless space pygmies, you can do all kinds of freaky things, and yet, all they could come up with was extras in bad costumes.

I kinda like it, also it makes sense with the lore since they are trying to emulate people.

I am surprised I like this game so much. I checked it out through Gamepass and completely didn’t expect anything special. I love the more tactical feel to it, that mix of tense and intense. Things can go wrong really quickly and it’s fun.

Playing with randos can be really aggravating though.

Oh and what’s up with Doc healing for only 20 hps per charge? Sounds kind of useless.

doc’s heals are pretty good imo, also the ranged revive aspect is good as well.

Ya, the heals worked well for me playing solo…makes it more frantic healing while being attacked but it worked once and I wouldve been a goner without them.

self res, ranged res, and at max level you get 5 shots with 30 heal each. pretty strong really.

yep, I agree. I played more with Doc and 3x30 healing is pretty useful. It’s not a traditional healer but really helpful. Having 30 hps (or more) on top of your 100 gives you a nice buffer and helps to end the fight with less hp drain.

I’m kinda aching to get back into a L4D style shooter, between this and Aliens Fireteam and Back4Blood and Chet’s new thing, which one has the best playerbase/most Qt3ers I could glom onto?

I found Back4Blood to be pretty weak ass. It’s basically a worse version of Left4Dead.

I never played Aliens, so I can’t comment, and I don’t know how many QT3’ers are playing RSE, but I can at least say that RSE is a solid game, even in solo mode.

Currently, I prefer RSE because of its slower, more tactical pace. You don’t kill enemies by hundreds, you plan your approach and sometimes you can finish your mission stealth killing only a few monsters. But also, sometimes plans fail and action becomes pretty fast and scary. :)

Note:
If you screw up, you need to prepared to kill enemies by the hundreds.

Aliens and R6:Extraction are both very good and I can recommend either. They cater to different feels though. Aliens is more intense and shooty and swarmy. R6 is more tense and sneaky. Both have the other feel at times though and they balance them differently. If you enjoy the genre, you can’t really go wrong with both or either. (both are on Game Pass right now too)