Rainbow Six Siege

Finally, some real videos

Funny how it actually looks better when it’s not all staged.

It seems the reveal video was 98% real, good news.

I actually sort of want that.

What I really want is a good co-op mode so I can pretend I’m playing a modern Swat 4 with friends.

But that looks good.

They are playing some rounds here

Imo they are too short, just 3 minutes. Even for a small scenario like that I would prefer to have 5 minutes, to be able to go around and be stealthy.

Is this multiplayer only or will there be offline bots? Seems no one does bots anymore.

This is the multiplayer part, but this is a AAA Ubisoft game, it will have single player campaign, multi pvp, and surely some coop thrown in.

Alpha footage: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kawok_rainbow-six-siege-gameplay-leake-de-l-alpha_videogames?start=6

Looks good, needs longer rounds.

I wanted to bust OWS heads :( .

Very nice sounds, still looks a little clusterfucky compared to raven shield but it might just be the tight quarters.

Lots of info dropping today.

http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operator-system/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Ppflay7yo

So; Rainbow Six Counter Strike of Duty?

Time to read the ubi blog. :) Thanks for links Telefrog.

You can watch it right now

According to their just-released financials, Ubisoft expects Rainbow Six Siege to sell 7 million units total.

I don’t know of anyone who is interested in this, any just about all of my friends owned a Rainbox Six game over the years.

Does anyone even remember Rainbow Six as a property/franchise? I ask this seriously, not sarcastically, because really I had almost forgotten it existed.

Of course I remember Rainbow Six! The planning/execution gameplay was a precursor to some really good contemporary tactical games like Frozen Synapse, Doorkickers, and Breach and Clear.

-Tom

I remember trying that planning thing out and got completely confused. There was an auto setup which I selected. I then started the game, and everyone started doing things, while I had no idea what to do, and where to go. After wandering around hopelessly lost for a while, somone told me that the package was secured, and we’d won…

I didn’t really enjoy playing a game that played without me, so I quickly uninstalled and never tried it again.

Loved Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear back when they came out. I was pretty young, but I liked the realistic damage and being able to work with a team. Online was great too, it was basically Counter-Strike before Counter-Strike from what I remember. I even messed around with modding it a bit. Made a pretty lame paintball mod. It was somewhat more unsettling to shoot a terrorist in the head with a paintball and see him hit the floor, staring up at the ceiling as multicolored paint oozed from his head.

Oh boy…I played a lot of R6 back in the day…had an online clan etc. Back when you had to run through…M something…for online…what was that?

R6 matches were almost always 1 shot 1 kill affairs that didn’t last long, I had a ton of fun playing both the multi and the single player. The single player in those games is still better than 95% of the stuff released today. The coop was also FANTASTIC…god…the number of hours I spent playing coop with a buddy in those games…off the charts.

I was similarly confused. Though with the prevalence of single-player shooters at the time, I couldn’t quite wrap my head around the idea of relying on AI to do the “fun bits.” So I just ordered all my guys to sit still while I cleared the maps myself.

Apparently that wasn’t the way you were supposed to play it. :)