Rainbow Six Siege

Loot crates are going live!

[quote]
Alpha Packs are designed as a way to give you free cosmetics, just for playing the game! Arriving in a staggered release, Alpha Packs will introduce a chance-based loot system that will contain many past cosmetics (like the Black Ice skins), as well as exclusive Legendary tier items that you will only be able to get in Alpha Packs.

We will be staggering their activation across every platform in an effort to ensure the most stable deployment possible. We understand this may be frustrating for some, but it is imperative that we do not impact performance.

To celebrate the launch, everyone will be receiving one free Alpha Pack when it launches on your platform.

We will be publishing a Blog/FAQ with more information pertaining to Alpha Packs next week, so keep an eye out![/quote]

Well, this is something.

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing [some] maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3).

Anybody still playing this? I see that player count is actually increasing for the game lately.

I don’t but my kids still do. It’s definitely in their rotation with friends. They were pretty keen on the new operator that hacks the other team’s phones and thought that was pretty clever. It’s a really solid game from what I’ve watched (and played briefly on PC… though I do not run it like they do with a full squad). It’s in your face and immediate with its action that comes after a nice buildup beforehand.

I still play, but I’ve always played brief stints and never gotten too deep. It feels really nicely fleshed out now. Tons of characters with interesting interactions, good maps, no awful microtransactions.

I will say though: It’s VERY hardcore. I guess that’s fine for Rainbow 6, but can be frustrating if you get matched up with people even a bit above your skill level. You’ll eat a headshot from someone perfectly hidden behind a single pixel because you slightly over-extended when you leaned left for a split second. Frustrating if you haven’t been playing since release and don’t know the maps extremely well.

My coworker bought this in the Thanksgiving sale on Steam. Now he sings its praises all the time. I have to admit, some of his descriptions about how different the various “Operators” are in the game and how it changes up the game sound kind of fascinating. It sounds like they’ve really done a good job in making each Operator unique. And he says there’s so many different ways to setup defenses and to get past various defenses that the gameplay is always fresh.

So the Operators finally explained something I’d been wondering about: what exactly is it that you get in Year 1 vs Year 2 of the game. There’s also a Starter Edition. Apparently if you get the Starter Edition, it’s like a Free-to-play game, where each Operator costs 12,000 Rainbow Six points to buy. But if you get the Year 1 bundle, for instance, each operator only costs 1200 Rainbow points, something like that, in addition to the Operators that already come free with the Year 1 bundle.

Anyway, it sounds like it’s a system that makes Ubisoft happy and the players happy as well, since each Operator presents a unique tweak to the gameplay, so players love aiming to try more Operators, and there’s something like 48 Operators in the game already.

Hoo boy. Taking a page from Overwatch’s events, they’re starting a 4-week timed event during which players may purchase event loot boxes to get special items. The Outbreak Packs can only be acquired for 300 R6 Credits each.

$20 price increase for all versions, as of 2/13/18.

This all backfired pretty spectacularly.

Does anyone know if the Rainbow Six Siege Legacy Operator Bundle is still available in any way? I’ve seen references to it but I cannot find it via the in-game store or externally.

I’m guessing it might be retired now, but I’m not 100% sure.

Thanks.

UBI forums mention it was moved:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1590205-Legacy-Operator-Bundle-Forums

I am gonna try this again over the free weekend, if I do decide to pick it up, which version is the best bang for buck?

Watching @Jason_McMaster play this has given me the itch to give it another go.

Thanks lordkosc, though I was roughly trying those directions last night but still couldn’t find it in the Operators section. It was also really late and I was tired so I will check again this evening.

I don’t know what edition is the best value, but don’t purchase the Starter edition. That extends the grind to unlock new operators to intolerable lengths.

Free play weekend now. Given it a try.
Is there really no matchmaking reinforcements while playing? We were doing bomb diffusal and ended up with only 2 players… got a bit tricky.
Also seems like the time limited ubisoft challenges all require the expensive operators to complete?

Probably just luck of the recent draw. I have not played for a few weeks, but for the month prior to that most of the timed challenges I saw and attempted were with core operators.

Yea, these one are the ‘valentines’ challenges, so I dont expect to see them again for another year :)

Also seems like Hostage Defence isn’t suited for this game, as the person that rushes and leaves the hostage alone gets all the kills == points, whereas those who stay and defend the hostage get no kills for keeping the hostage alive…

Well I don’t need to worry about that anymore!

Starting with the new season of DLC on March 3, all versions of the game except for the Starter Edition will include all 20 base Operators for no extra charge. In addition, all past and future weapon attachments will now be unlocked from the get-go, and the game’s Starter Edition will now include six Operators rather than four, as was the case before.

Currently, players wanting to unlock more Operators are required to either spend in-game experience points, called Renown, or pay real-world money to purchase various season passes. Going forward, all 20 Operators included with the game at launch will be automatically unlocked, along with all weapon attachments

Noice. Though by free I think they still mean they will need to be unlocked with in-game renown, just not the ludicrously grindy amounts of it that the year 2/3/etc operators cost.

Actually I don’t think that is correct. The Starter Edition will still need to use Renown but as I read it other editions will just get them unlocked on March 3rd. I might be wrong though.

I will try to find other sources.

This is how another site worded the announcement:

For all editions other than the starter, players will have all of the original 20 operators unlocked without having to grind for Renown.

Starter edition players will still have to pay extra Renown to unlock operators, but now it’ll be easier to kit out the ones you have.