Rainbow Six Siege

I wish I could get into some MP versus matches. :-(

The Terrorist Hunt mode provides an entirely different experience, especially on the harder difficulties. Since its 5 attackers against 27 defenders there is a pleasant asymmetry. The AI also surprised me on multiple occasions as the terrorists don’t just sit and camp, but some of them will actually flood out into the surrounding yard and surprise and flank your team. They will climb onto the roof, stalk players, and work in tandem setting up traps. My team was caught off guard during several matches when we were carefully breaching and peeping intently through holes only to have a few defenders sneak into the yard and begin firing on our backs…downing a couple players and upsetting our plans.

-Todd

Oh yeah, and I would like if they forget the silly idea of the rolling drones and the attackers have to search the objective each time, just add 1 extra minute to the round.

I feel DTAS in Infiltration did the idea better in 2002 than Siege in 2015.

This game is awesome, i already unlocked all operators and most of the guns addons;p

the wasteed time between rounds should be decreased tough and maybe something done about shields since they are too op, not that i want them to be useless, i want them more balanced.

Also about the drones deployment, they can’t be done during the actual game time coz the defenders can leave the house and kill everyone ;/ But something might be done to improve the drone stuff i agree it may get kinda boring soon

I have still been loving Terrorist Hunt on Realistic difficulty (the hardest available). It is so dynamic and reactive. Even though I have a less than 50% win rate on Realistic I am already craving a custom mode where you can ramp up the difficulty higher by adding more defenders or different variables. I have found that you need to breach fast! Teams that take their time with a slow breach, peeking through windows, and picking entry points will be demolished by the terrorists that flood into the yard and flank you. This mode is a lot of fun and tense; it often comes down to 1 or 2 players trying to flush out the remaining 5-10 terrorists and matches can end either way at that point. Even when you have already died it is fun watching your remaining teammate (with 8% health remaining) round the corner on the last terrorist and see who pulls the trigger the fastest. It is reminiscent of the tension of a CS:GO match and the cooperative fun of L4D2.

-Todd

I’m a bit bummed there is no version of Terrorist hunt that allows you to play as the defender operators.

I got an email from Ubi indicating that the beta is extended even further to October 4th.

They also sent spare keys to pass on:

VJUR-AJGV-9PPU-GNXB
CFAL-AFCM-JRNU-BX4H
AVFL-FKL4-CD79-CDAL

Download Instructions

Windows PC

TO REDEEM YOUR CODE:

1. Open the Uplay™ PC client and log in.*
  2. Click Games.
  3. Click Activate Product.
  4. Enter your Activation Code, above, exactly as it is printed.
  5. Click OK.
  • If you are new to Uplay, please create an account at uplay site.

-Todd

MOAR KEYS, follow instructions above.

N7N4-VLEU-KU47-DJ84
H3V3-LPHU-4FYR-QC9M
QRJL-UHR9-ATRG-HLYP
MUFX-HHVF-YJU6-JGCV

A few more:

LQJK-HL8U-TRY9-B6KD
Y8JC-QMUP-G6KA-PPPU
M7UK-YBET-T4TJ-4LAY
Q48T-AVCJ-DV8G-33RE

Thanks for the keys! I just realized that I hadn’t actually linked my uPlay account to my XBL account, so I dunno if that caused a delay or anything. Picked up a PC key at least…

— Alan

Yeah, that would be fun. I wonder if that’s something planned for release.

Here is a look at the single player game: https://youtu.be/wmF9wlyCYdM

Bot matches, essentially.

Angry Joe dev interview.

Something very interesting happens in this video:

Developer: So the in-game currency is called Renown. We also have “Rainbow Credits” that you can put towards unlocking things -

Joe: What are Rainbow Credits?

Developer: (to PR) Uh, are we talking about Rainbow Credits? No, not yet?

PR Rep: (offscreen) No.

Developer: So the Renown is really what we’re kind of supposed to showcase today but I don’t think we actually kind of went into it because it was all, it was on LAN, so we weren’t really going into it too much, but it’s essentially an in-game currency that is how you level up in the game and gives you access to operators, gives you access to weapon skins, etc, etc…

Joe: OK, OK, and so, are you going to be able to purchase those prestige points with real money?

Developer: Uh, no. No. But we’ll be going into this kinda stuff as soon as we start to announce the rest of the DLC plan and all that kinda stuff. We’ll be going into that soon.

Renown is in-game money.
Rainbow Credits, I presume, are like the alternate money in AC: Unity/Syndicate that you can buy with real money to bypass the normal grind.

Rainbow Credits? What a terrible name.

-Tom

They should be Pots of Gold.

I had such a blast playing the beta, but the lack of substantive singleplayer and now Rainbow Credits put me back on the fence tilting towards wait.

-Todd

Rainbow credits sounds like some kind of sexual slang term for negotiating a deal with a male prostitute.

Individual colours available from our store. This week only, major discounts on violet!

Ubisoft sent me an email inviting me to a “Technical Test” of Siege during this upcoming weekend. The focus seems to be stress testing the servers and gathering 11th hour feedback. The NDA restricts all capturing, image posting, and discussion outside of the official forum however. If you participated in one of the earlier betas keep an eye out in your email if you are interested in playing further.

-Todd

DLC roadmap: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege | Ubisoft (US)

Maps and modes will be free and available immediately for everyone. New operators and most weapon skins can be unlocked with earned currency called Renown, or with R6 Credits (more on these below). The only new content that will be available exclusively by purchase will be a small number of premium weapon skins that are purely aesthetic and have no impact on gameplay. For an online, competitive multiplayer game it’s imperative that we don’t create a divide in the community or introduce “pay to win” mechanics. By doing it this way, we hope to keep our community united and engaged over the long term.

4 new maps over the course of a year , doesn’t seem like a lot… How many maps are coming with the game on day 1?

googled it, so its shipping with 11 maps at release.