Rainbow Six Siege

Open Beta is up right now.

I wonder, is there a market or any demand for this game?

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 in Coop / MP (And used to play a lot back of Rainbow Six 1/2 + Raven Shield (despite its shitty SecuROM) in the days). But I’m not so sure about this game – it is purely a MP shooter is it not?

Star Wars Battlefront is purely an MP Shooter, and by all accounts, it sold immensely well. People enjoy the competitive shooting.

Yes but this game is far more dependent on proper team play…on PC, games like this (serious tactical shooters) tend to just get demolished by CSGO. The balance is so hard to nail unless you’ve been doing it for 10+ years. And on consoles, no one really plays serious tactical shooters.

Proper single player in battlefront…not really needed. Definitely was needed here.

I have no idea if proper teamplay is needed here - Did you try it? I cant connect via the PS4 open beta, so haven’t tried it yet.

Team play is crucial in this game. If you lone-wolf it, you’re going to die a lot.

I guess you could play solo on the terrorist hunt maps, but that seems pretty unsatisfying.

In fact I was trying to play the terrorist hunt in Lone Wolf (solo) and man it’s impossible. When you are deactivating the bomb they come in droves and it’s impossible for just one person to stop them. I killed 5 in a row in a few seconds and then a sixth one came from behind and killed me. And that’s not counting with the terrorist that blow themselves up, if they appear from a corner it’s impossible to kill them before they get close, you need someone else to revive you.

In any case, I’m trying to play now online and it’s impossible. Or the matchmaking works now worse than in the closed beta, or there is barely anyone in there. I think it’s the first case as it connect to a group of 4 in two seconds, the problem is when it has to connect the group of five people with another group of five.
Worrying, given the game is going to be out in a few days.

One question: Do you guys have the invisible gun bug in Open beta? After being revived in a Terrorist Hunt match, my gun is invisible and the only part that shown is the magazine when reloading.

Beta delayed.

We’re currently seeing issues with matchmaking times and disconnection on all platforms.

As such we’re postponing the Open Beta until a later time and keeping the game under Closed Beta status. We apologise for the delay and can assure you this is our top priority. We will keep everyone updated regularly as we continue to deploy improvements.

This launches in less than a week. I’m sure everything will be a-ok.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1337222-Rainbow-Six-Siege-Open-Beta-Status-Updated-2-15PM-EST?p=11165518&viewfull=1#post11165518

In all the betas I played I was never able to get into a mp match…would always time out or search forever. I could play terrorist hunt mode coop with other players but never adversarial matches. It’s a shame since the game was a lot of fun. I’m going to hold off and see if they sort out their net code and see if the community persists.

-Todd

The menu system is clunky, the matchmaking is clunky, but man the gameplay is feeling great to me personally. Couple odd design decisions (PLEASE let me change attachments on Recruit weapons), but I’m hoping they can work out their issues because the game is fun.

ive played a lot im the last closed beta and am playing in this open beta and although its a fun game it gets kinda boring, which is sad coz the guns are awesome and gameplay too, but it isn’t a game like other fps that i play for several hours and still want to play more the other day.

Thoughts on this so far? GMG has it for $39.99 today (Uplay not Steam)

I am thrilled with this on PC, after purchasing on GMG for $40. The matchmaking issues from the beta are solved for me, and I get in a good 5v5 match very quickly (and when someone leaves, which is rare, they are quickly replaced). The people playing seem more mature than COD folks, although obviously playing in a party is probably best (if anyone wants to play with me on UPlay let me know).

I actually don’t mind the unlock system, since I want to take my time learning the ropes and would be overwhelmed with everything available at once anyway. The single-player terrorist-hunt style missions are interesting – the AI knows how to use frags and flash bangs and often shoots through destructible walls to secure kills, which really impressed me. You really, really have to learn the maps and the weak points in walls/where you can rappel etc. That will take time to master, but makes the game rewarding in the long run. It is definitely a bummer there’s no AI teammates or route planning. Given that the terrorist AI is so strong, I’d imagine it can’t even have been that hard to implement a planning phase and AI teammates, but it’s not in there.

I mostly play CS:GO, and while this is not as balanced, it’s better looking, and the destruction of environments has never been this well done in a shooter. It’s not even close. Amazingly well done game and I’m glad it came together since it was not even working for me last week.

This from reddit sums up how I feel:

–]kittensonaplane 90 points 22 hours ago*

The pacing in this game is astonishing. Round starts, you are either rolling around to gather intel, or deciding where your forced points of entry will be while shooting the drones. Then its the set up phase for attackers, while the defenders make last minute changes, and then wait.
Oh my, the waiting. The people I party with are usually very talkative, but when it’s time to defend, everyone shuts up. We are all listening for footsteps, ropes, breach charges. Calm before the storm. Then all hell breaks loose. You both teams calling out opfor positions as quickly and coherently as possible. Shifting positions to cover for that thermite charge that took out the reinforced wall. Putting holes in walls to peek through. This game is right up my alley, but it is also fresh in the sense that there isn’t action thrown at you for 20 minutes from all sides. If your team keeps a level head, you come out on top. I hope this game gets some legs and runs for a while.

Man, this game is brutal; I’m going solo through the Situations to get up to speed. It’s really difficult solo, especially on realistic.

Holy shit, the level where you have to fight in chemical warfare suits in the middle of a gas attack is crazy. You can’t see shit.

Yeah, okay, this game is a ton of fun once you start up the MP. Went pure co-op tonight on and did a bunch of Terrorist Hunt and Bomb Disarm missions, and it was pretty epic, including the moment when I accidentally rappelled into a window that a teammate had just planted a breaching charge on as we were the last two standing, trying to disarm a bomb. The caused nonstop laughter all around for a few minutes.

I’ve worn a MOPP IV suit in combat drills. It’s hellishly uncomfortable.

I’ve been having fun with this. Playing this a lot more than Battlefront since it came out.

Does the season pass just give you quicker access to the new operators, a renown boost + 2 more daily challenges? Doesn’t seem like it would be worth the $30