Rainbow Six Siege

Getting my first headshot through a wall was one of my most epic gaming moments in quite a while. I’m sure in other games I’ve shot enemies in the head through objects, but the context around it in Siege is what makes the difference. It started out with a terrorist initiating the shootout through the wall with his shotgun, when he decided to run to the door of the room I was in I started shooting at where I imagined his body would be and nailed him right in the head. The red X that pops up when you get a headshot is perfect.

Anyone else playing on PC? I’ve been having a blast. Level 30. If you want to play, I’m CrumbK

~73k owners on Steam. Not bad for a $60 launch, considering the primary PC platform Ubisoft pushed was their own Uplay client.

I’m curious to know the overall sales of this, but we don’t get Uplay stats or console numbers.

I think the messaging was all kinds of messed up pre-launch. People remain confused about whether or not there’s a single player campaign, what the Season Pass actually gets you, and if there are microtransactions. Anecdotally, none of the gamers I know at work bought this, which is odd because there are a couple of hardcore shooter fans in the group.

The gameplay is fan-freaking-tastic. Best cat-and-mouse shooter I’ve played in ages. Hell, even terrorist hunt is great.

I’m playing on XB1 and would love to play with someone, PUGS are pretty brutal in this type of game.

I had a similar moment with the mounted MG. It’s a great feeling, deducing that the entire enemy squad is right behind the wall and then mowing the entire wall down and scoring 3 instant kills. What a great game.

Does the season pass just give you quicker access to the new operators, a renown boost + 2 more daily challenges? Doesn’t seem like it would be worth the $30

Yes plus some skins. You also get 600 rainbow credits ($5 value) in addition to the 5% permanent renown booster. I don’t think it’s worth it right now. Maybe the 7 day early access to operators will tempt me later. But realistically since the maps and operators will all be free (Thanks Ubisoft!) it’s probably best to just get Rainbow credits if you ever want anything.

Anyone else playing on PC? I’ve been having a blast. Level 30. If you want to play, I’m CrumbK

I will add you! Although I’m only Level 12. I have been trying to figure out if Doc is worth it if there’s no Rook in the match. I feel like without his armor, it’s rare to have a downed teammate. Any thoughts?

From what I’ve gathered, the season pass gives you the 8 operators, not only early but without any in-game cost. So you save a ton of renown on them as well.

I went ahead and grabbed the season pass as I had some money in my Steam wallet that I really had no plans for. I’m enjoying the game enough that it’ll be worth it to get it.

Too bad I got the PS4 version. Still remember the good times we had with R6 Vegas.

Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying it.

Doc can be useful because he can revive DBNO (down but not out) players from a distance, which is really useful if everyone is sorta pinned down by the tangos from different directions. I’ve seen a lot of guys get killed trying to rush over and revive someone. And if you’re in a tight scrap, having 1 or 2 guys be DBNO is huge.

I usually grab Rook because I load the quickest.

Just bought this and gave it about 3 hours. The shooting is just not tight imho. The reticules are blocky and combined with the crappy netcode it makes for a very random experience. Half the times I die, I watch my killer shoot where I was instead of where I currently am and get a kill for it. From my angle he’s shooting at nothing.

This combined with the plague of most modern shooters; map knowledge, it adds up to a frustrating experience.

Furthermore, I’m on a fast connection with testing showing latency below 20ms and yet in this game I constantly get 70-100ms.
Really wish I hadn’t bought this. Fallout 4 has tighter gunplay for christ sakes.

Wow fallout 4? Seriously? Hard to believe it is THAT bad.

It’s basically every death replay you see, some bullshit is going on. The game is just so choppy and imprecise that it feels like I’m fighting the game’s limitations instead of my enemies. ADS is so huge and blocky that it could be a minecraft shooter.

Sluggish and buggy on top of that. Just got killed because my feet were clipping through the wall so the enemy shot them… what is this? 1999?

What? Fallout 4 has better gunplay? That’s nonsense. Fallout 4 has greatly improved gunplay from Fallout 3 or even New Vegas, but in no sane universe is it tighter and more responsive than any dedicated shooter.

If you have complaints about netcode or the actual mechanics of the asymmetrical gameplay, that would be more believable.

As for complaining about “map knowledge” I’m not even sure what that means. Mastery of the map has been a staple since people hooked their PCs together to play Doom in multiplayer.

And I’ve been calling for actually randomized map layouts ever since doom.

And yes, last game I played I had 59 synched FPS and around 60ms latency and it’s just not tight. It’s jerky and sluggish so it becomes very random who wins a duel.

Why would I complain about asymmetrical gameplay when it’s clearly not my problem with this game? + I already complained about the netcode, it’s part of the problem for sure.

In FO4 I actually hit stuff using tight crosshairs, felt more like a dedicated shooter than this.

If it’s “jerky and sluggish” but still at 59/60fps, then that may a personal issue. I don’t think I’ve seen that complaint from anyone else. Literally not a single person that I know, online or off, that has played this game has complained of sluggish gunplay.

Fallout 4’s gunplay is what I would call sloppy, but that’s mostly due to the herky-jerky animation in the Creation/Gamebryo engine.

Patch incoming: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355300-Patch-Notes-Update-1-1

After your post I checked their original forums. “Clunky” is pretty much a consensus there. My criticisms stand.

Do you know what a “consensus” means?