Rampage - “George didn’t ask for this.”

This was one of the last movies we saw with MoviePass before it went to shit, and we had a great time. DEFINITELY worth a rental.

I enjoyed Skyscraper. It was bad in a good way!

I enjoyed Rampage. It wasn’t a first-tier must-see movie, but I would say if you have access to it (it’s currently on HBO) and are interested in the premise it’s a fun watch.

I’ve got Skyscraper on my watch list, but haven’t gotten around to it. OTOH I had San Andreas on my watch list for a while, but didn’t manage to get to it before it left streaming services. I assume it’s going to show up again on something I subscribe to sooner or later, but maybe not.

San Andreas was exactly what you’d expect in star-driven big boffo action picture. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s fine summer fare. I expect Skyscraper will be more of the same (though maybe a teeny bit more interesting to see how well they work the CGI for the Rock’s artificial leg).

I didn’t get to see Rampage and don’t get HBO now… I guess if I get motivated I could get it from Redbox. That’s a lot of effort though!