Random gaming thoughts and questions

if I added up all the time it would take to complete the daily quests for the games I consider myself “currently playing,” it would be a full-time job. It’s too much. Way too much. And I feel like they’re actively getting in the way of the part of the game I’d really like to enjoy that day.

I love small daily bonuses and all, but it sucks when various aspects of a game are balanced around completing them on a regular basis. In a sense they’re causing me to mentally shelve a game when trying to decide which quests I just don’t want to keep up with for the time being. I find it hard to play these games at all if I feel like I’m just “falling behind” (even though I’m not, really) every time I ignore the quests for a few days.

The thing is, this is mostly just all in my mind. If I would have more fun going and doing something else and ignoring the daily quests, I’d still be doing exactly what i wanted to do in that game. But the nagging feeling that I’m leaving something valuable on the table while I ignore these quests just gnaws at me the whole time.

I recognize that it’s nothing more than a cheap mechanic to coax me into logging into a game on a frequent basis, but Bleh!