Random thought thread!

You forgot the !!!. They are mandatory components of Boxhead’s pathos-ridden journey home.

And I added a drop shadow.

I am now 0-3 for actually enjoying going to a club.

You’re just like everybody else.

Well, my friends enjoy it. Hell if I know why… terrible music, lighting seemingly designed to trigger migraines, and it’s not like anybody is socializing outside of their preformed social group.

grumpy

You didn’t drink, huh? it’s pretty much impossible to enjoy being in a club if you’re sober. It can still suck if you’re drinking, but at least you have a fighting chance.

This is your problem right here. Go to a club with good music. And if you don’t like any electronic or hip hop music, then you’re kinda SOL.

The night was incredibly successful for, among other reasons, finding one of these all abandoned and alone on the ground.

It works. At the moment it’s hooked up to a jury-rigged computer power supply which is providing the correct 12V/.5A, but I should probably get an actual adapter.

Now I need speakers which have a 1/4in plug, or a 3.5mm<->1/4in adapter and a pair of speakers, because that’s going to be awesome for my nerdy houseparties.

OMG, that is an amazing find.

That’s a $1,600 instrument you’ve got there.

Shouldn’t you check with the police and see if it’s hot, though?

It was left lying in a location on campus where people usually leave broken/outdated electronics for whoever wants to grab.

However, that’s a good thought; I should check with campus security.

(btw, it retailed for more like 1100, and eventually for around 800, so not quite -that- good a find.)

[Edit] Nobody’s specifically called it in as stolen or lost, but the lost & found isn’t operating until Monday morning, so I’ll have to call them or drop by to see if anyone’s looking for it.

Warm day and a nice cold bottle of Sangria.

You have a girlfriend, right? If I were you the only reason I’d ever go to a club would be if she dragged me there, otherwise you have literally no motivation to be there.

This has always bothered me: apparently tonight there’s going to be a jailbreak somewhere in this town. But wouldn’t a jailbreak happen at, you know, jail? Kind of ruins the mystery doesn’t it?

This is true! And she enjoyed it, which makes me happy.

I didn’t drag him! I asked nicely. And might have been sliiiiiiiiiiightly manipulative in the process, but it was nicely manipulative!

Damn it, I tweaked my shoulder somehow. It was either the bicep curls or chipping ice off the driveway for an hour.

On second thought, maybe we shouldn’t break up. Oh, too late for that?

The phantom post effect on this thread is now extending to two full pages of posts for me. I have the forum set to show 40 posts per page.

It is randomly annoying!

You’ve only had to run so far, so good.

i havent stayed in a best western since the early 90’s