Random thought thread!

I always took it to mean pumpkin spice as in like, spice you put on pumpkin. For pie, I guess. Like “bbq sauce”. There’s not bbq IN the sauce, you put it on stuff you are bbqing :P

Kind of like chicken and fish seasoning

Perhaps, but the onslaught of hideous “pumpkin” crap this time of year tends not to just be the spices, but also a “pumpkin flavor” that is achieved with actual pumpkin or an artificial version thereof.

For instance, Starbuck’s “Pumpkin Latte” contains “pumpkin puree”. The crappy Sam Adams “Harvest Pumpkin Ale” – that I somehow seem to end up with a case of each year despite never buying any – apparently sloughs its way into our reality through a ritual involving “real pumpkin” according to Sam Adams’ website.

I bought and plan to drink this monstrosity. It was deeply discounted at ABC.

Three words to heaven: Four Leaf Balsamic.

TIL. But I guess I can be forgiven, having never consumed anything labeled pumpkin spice. Live and learn.

I just want to rant here.

Today is my birthday. I went to 5 guys, and spent far too much on a burger, drink and fries.

And I got the wrong fries in my order, and there were like 5 fries. The fry cup wasn’t even full.

What a fucking ripoff. Fuck Five Guys.

Happens a lot, sounds like you accidentally went to the sweatshop brand ripoff version “Five Fries” instead of 5 guys. Buyer beware.

Lol

I thought of that same joke too. “Five Guys, more like Five Fries”

This is why you guys need to register @ RedRobin.

https://royalty.redrobin.com/

Free Birthday burger every year and bottomless fries.

Happy birthday, Jon!

I will begin saving the ludicrous leftover portions from my “small” orders of Cajun fries @ 5G and send them all to you next year.

Yeah, and I didn’t even get a piddly order of Cajun fries… which is what I wanted. The guy taking my order didn’t really seem to be paying much attention either.

Uggh.

Red Robin has their fries available in the freezer section now… they’re pretty good. I use a deeper fryer. I have no tried them baked yet.

Happy birthday, dude. That sounds like a weird experience. Granted I haven’t been to a Five Guys recently, but wasn’t their thing that they filled your order and then just dumped extra fries on top of everything else? Is this meager shit a new thing?

Red Robin fries suck. Big, giant, season-less potato planks that are always too hot.

Yeah, I always get onion rings when I go to Red Robin. Much better than their fries.

Never been. But they do cool off, no? And they have salt? Sounds like you need to eat slower. ;)

Yes, salt and not eating them right out of the fryer are good suggestions!

I’ve never had a problem with their fries, then again I do ketchup the hell out of all things potato.

I went to Red Robin once like 10 years ago and haven’t gone back. I agree, the fries are super boring, the burgers are nothing special and I can get the same or better elsewhere.

But FREE on your birthday!

In life , very little is free. :p