Random thought thread!

Yeah, but when you are talking about Red Robin food, its like the “Grand Prize–two tickets to see Garth Brooks! Second prize, FOUR tickets to see Garth Brooks” issue.

I mean, on that note, all sorts of restaurants and stores have birthday clubs you can join!

I know by this point, sometime in early November, I get reminded to collect my free Bojangles biscuit, 2-piece plate at Popeyes, burger-and-fries at Ruby Tuesdays, and 20% off coupon at Barnes and Noble, and that’s just off the top of my head.

Lacking a LIKE button, I am just going to quote this sentence and then write this one after it.

Ok, so this is weird.

A while back, on amazon, I saw a pocketwatch for sale… it was like $20. And looked cool, and I always wanted one. It was windup, so I figured, “Hey, that’s cool. That’d be neat in some emergency situation like the zombie apocalypse.”

So I bought it. It came, and I wound it up, and put it in my backpack. This was about a month, month and a half ago…

I just opened my backpack, and was like, “Hey, there’s that watch.”
And I pulled it out, and looked at it, and it was still going, and had correct time.
That seems crazy to me. I expected it to only go for a day or so without winding.

Which, I admit, is based almost entirely upon the plot elements in “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”.

My local 5 Guys is pretty good. They always give me tons of fries. I’d say their burgers are an 8/10 and therefore I’m a repeat customer though not a regular.

We tried Five Guys and I was unimpressed. In-N-Out is so much better.

That’s impossible because the Five Guys around me (newly minted) pours buckets of fries on you. They - without exaggeration - double fill the size of the fry you ordered. That is, get a small, and they fill the small to the top, pour it out in the bag, and then fill it up again. A small order can feed like four people.

You are correct. Yet, the impossible did happen.

Damn right. ;)

Not impressed. Went there when I was in San Fran, and it was thoroughly mediocre. Culvers is better.

How can it be better if I’ve never heard of it? ;)

You ever been to Wisconsin or Northern Illinois? No? Well there’s your problem.

Frozen custard. Roll that around in your head, and understand you have lived a deprived life :)

Oh god no why would I geez…?

I mean…I’m sure it’s lovely…

;)

They have frozen custard in other places. We always get some at the beach (Rehoboth Beach, DE) from Kohr Brothers. They have locations at a number of NJ, DE, MD, and VA beaches (plus 2 stores in Charlottesville for some strange reason).

In N Out is only in the American southwest. I don’t think it qualifies as a national chain in the same way as Five Guys. Locally in Toronto we can do better than Five Guys too, but as an 8/10 (in my opinion) it’s a decent choice.

That said, I find the latest McDonalds Angus burger pretty decent too. Maybe a solid 5/10? Note before I get yelled at, I find McDonalds in Canada is consistently better than in the USA.

It’s moving Northwest. We have In N Out here in Oregon now. I didn’t find it to be very special though.

Oh crap, In N Out better keep on moving up to Seattle. It’s about the best fast food burger I’ve found.

On a different note: I just successfully transferred my Firefox profile from one laptop to another. Back to the burger wars. :)

There are a few things I miss about living in SoCal. Near the top of that list is In-n-Out. I drove past it every day on the way home from work and stopped by the drive-thru more than any man concerned about physical health should have.

Jerry’s Deli is another place I miss. Over-priced, but damn they had some good late-night drinking food.

For a nation-wide chain, I loves me Five Guys though. The fries are amazing if you eat them at the restaurant. When I get them for take-out, they always seem soggy and mushy by the time I get them home or back to the office.

We don’t have Culvers here. To be fair, I like Five Guys fries but thought the burger was meh, whereas I love In-N-Outs burgers but think their fries are Meh.

We actually have a little local place near us that makes a great burger and has better fries than either.

I like Ralleys/Checkers seasoned fries better.