Random thought thread!

I can tell you the exact dates I changed the cartridge on my razor over the last ten years.

So I went to couples Bunco tonight. At first I was rather nervous. My social anxiety was an issue. As well, I canā€™t remember names to save my life. There were 20 people there. Five tables, 10 couples. A few beers into the game and I got into it. I eventually won $80.00. I might do it again. :)

Elon Musk got this song stuck in my head.

Seems like Iā€™m going to MegaCon. I mentioned it to the wife in passing. Now we have VIP tickets and rooms at the Hilton. WOOT!

Iā€™ve been skipping that because I heard itā€™s really anime heavy. Please chime in after it is over and let us know how it is. :)

You and @KevinC are out to get me, arenā€™t you?

While guests havenā€™t really been announced yet, Stan Lee will be there. Iā€™ll certainly report back.

If I had more time on my hands, Iā€™d organize the Totally not Copyright Infringement game jam, with titles like Mass. Affect (about linguistic intonation in Boston), and Hit-Mango.

Am I the only one who thinks that cars that brake automatically will just lead to lazy drivers?

You have cause and effect mixed up. There are already lazy drivers and auto-braking cars will stop them from running into other people.

Also maybe it wouldā€™ve stopped the dude who was running from cops at 100+ mph on the street next to where I was hanging out a few nights ago and hitting another 3 cars so hard there were 1 (could be 2 now) fatalities.

Not necessarily lazy drivers, which also exist, but I would say distracted drivers are the bigger issue. Itā€™s a busy world out there, easy to take your eyes away even for a few seconds and cause an accident.

I get your point. But would that system have really stopped a ton of metal going 100+ mph? There might be skid marks if anything. Iā€™m pretty sure the system is for slightly slower speeds.

Still couldā€™ve helped, but yeah, I know I know.

Iā€™m never eating at Raviā€™s again.

Raviā€™s is an excellent Indian restrain restaurant in Dublin. I visit Dublin for work almost every other week and they are just by the hotel so they make an easy choice. The only problem is that the food is very rich, and usually ruin my sleep with indigestion and weird dreams. itā€™s 01:20 and I just woke up from one.

Iā€™m on a bus driven by a man who in RL works as a busyness analyst (a very good one) for a Dutch bank. A young kid boards the bus looking for his sock that some bullies took from him and threw into the bus through an open window. We all find the sock and the driver decides to divert the bus from its route and take the kid home.
I then reach home which is a huge apartment at city center. I wake up for noise in the living room, and find some guy that I donā€™t recognize who is apparently my roommate (in RL I share a terraced house with my wife and my children). He seems nice. A group of people come in for breakfast. I donā€™t know them either but i am courteous.
Also i own a motorcycle - yay!

And so it goes on. There was another having to do with a zombie apocalypse. I canā€™t remember any details, only that the zombies didnā€™t bite but rather licked and kissed which was horrible.

Try the lunchtime buffet!

I had to read your post twice. I was horribly confused.
The second time is where I caught the words ā€œweird dreamsā€.

I am so glad there was no internet when I was growing up. I would have found the endless iterations how my favorite band/movie/book/game sucked disheartening. Iā€™ve gotten much better at tuning that crap out now but it still gets old.

When I think of how different my life would be if I grew up with an internet connection my mind reels. I was messed up enough as a teenager, I didnā€™t need computer help.

{Like}
Although, you never know. Without enough access to weird shit on the Internet, maybe Iā€™d have gotten into less weird shit in real life!