Random thought thread!

Basketball jones
I got the basketball jones
I got the basketball jones so baby ooh-ooh-ooh

As a less-random thought, to 10-year-old me, the Space Jam soundtrack–including the Barry White/Chris Rock cover of that song–was the coolest fucking thing on earth.

Huh. Never heard that. Not exactly helping me get rid of this particular earworm but oh well.

Specifically, I was positive this was the most badass thing that had ever been written:

I was a sheltered white kid; so sue me :P

Goddammit, I hate touchscreens on a PC. They have been responsible for the weirdest bugs.

On one system I couldn’t figure out why the browser-based calendar wasn’t working. You could bring it up, but nothing would happen when you clicked the little arrows. I tried the other browsers (firefox, edge, IE, etc). I tried wiping cache. I uninstalled the browser. I made a new user. I was going to reset windows from scratch because I didn’t understand this witchcraft.

Finally I had a flash of inspiration and disabled the touch screen interface. Bam, it works. It seems some area kept being “active” so it thought it was being clicked on. The calendar couldn’t take more than one input at once and ignored it then.

I have the vinyl. Great album. :)

How the hell can I still have this tune in my thread, even after not having heard the song for maybe 20 years?

My wife and I had to drop out of our weekly WoW Heroic Nighthold progression raid because Comcast was giving me 15-20% packet loss to the local router.

On they very next pull they killed the boss we’ve been struggling with for weeks.

This should probably go in an “FML” thread. Do we have one of those?

I randomly bought a bag of Haribo gummy bears recently and have been addicted to the damn things ever since. And then today I found the sour ones and my addiction has reached new heights. Save me! :(

I shouldn’t even like them! Red is supposed to be cherry damn it! And not only is green NOT lime, it’s strawberry! What in the actual hell? No wonder my mouth was so confused about them at first.

Make sure the outlet you’re plugging appliances into is turned on, especially if you’re slow cooking meat. Thankfully the corned beef had only sat for two hours :(

I thought I’d tripped a breaker or fucked up my outlet for 10 minutes yesterday in the middle of making people waffles but actually I’d just turned the waffle iron off for unfathomable reasons???

Something you’re not telling us Armando?

Personally I found Bonham-Carter’s performance in Sweeny Todd to be transportive and, if we’re being honest, inspirational.

https://m.popkey.co/ab5bd9/A6kgq.gif

Just watched Batman vs Superman again. What jumped out at me? Batman, the world’s greatest detective, right? He knows everything about his possible opponents. He has plans for all of them. He’s always one step ahead. Right?

Superman says, Martha.

He says, why did you say that name?

So this great detective, who knew that Superman was Clark Kent, didn’t know that Martha was his Earth mom?

Batman is a very busy detective. He has no time to read comic books.

Want to perform real magic? Here’s how:

The Rite of Banishment
1.Be sure you really want this item gone forever
2.Locate the item you wish to permanently banish to the spirit realm
3.Think “I don’t want to lose this, I should put it somewhere sensible”
4.Put it somewhere sensible.
5.It is done, the item is gone from your life forever.

Understand that if you ever purchase a duplicate of the item the banishment will end. The original will then reappear.

LOL that’s really good.

It’s not original but I forget where I first saw it.

Why are outlets in hotels always under/behind the furniture?