Random thought thread!

Why do people become obsessed with random giraffes giving birth? What percentage of it is genuine and what percentage is just them following along and trying to fit in? I assume the split must be around 5/95.

According to the wife, there are at least two people in her office that canā€™t stop talking about the giraffe. Her Facebook feed has been nothing but giraffe related stuff. The live video channel had over 80,000 viewers during the birth today. I donā€™t know how that translates into a percentage, but it seems that a lot of people were interested in it. I personally donā€™t get it.

Iā€™d imagine that itā€™s the same group that enjoys the Discovery and Animal Planet channels, and the Puppy Bowl. Some people just like animals.

You know thereā€™s got to be a really tiny minority out there that just wants to see some giraffe vagina from the comfort of their own home.

Way to make it weird.

(You may be right)

My wife actually happened to tune in when the birth happened. Was while feeding the baby, so she couldnā€™t go anywhere.

My girlfriend is upset that she missed it, after randomly watching off and on.

What did the giraffe vagina look like?

(Courtesy of CraigM)

Ahahhaha it gets funnier every time

Iā€™m watching the ultimate zombie movie. The first one. George Romeroā€™s Night of the Living Dead. You know what? The original zombie was a FAST ZOMBIE!

Watching pieces of it. Iā€™m pretty sure these are the slow ones. You can outrun them, or walk around the car and swing a torch at them until you kind of slip back into the house

Warz, they took down helicopters, and youā€™re not outrunning that.

Even better - he used tools. He picks up a rock to smash in he carā€™s window to get to Barbara.

I love to freak out the wife. I do a dead on imitation. ā€œTheyā€™re coming for you Bar ba ra.ā€

And itā€™s officially ant season. Yay! Time to break out the jell traps.

Ugh. Yeah. Any day now Iā€™m gonna come home to a bunch of them in my kitchen. Hasnā€™t happened yet, but soon. And then the centipedes comeā€¦ D:

Oh hell man, sorry to hear that. Size? I mean big nasty suckers or just small nasty suckers?

On a more palatable note. Am I the only one that can watch shows from my childhood but find themā€¦ off putting?

I can still watch Barney Miller. It is really a true classic. OTOH I canā€™t find it in me to watch All in the Family. It just strikes the wrong chord now. That goes for Sanford and Son. Just not what I remember.

As well as much as I love Harry Anderson, Night Court is just a no go for me. Unless John Astin is in the episode. I purely love John Astin. Trying to think of more. Anyone else?

Oh yeah. The Golden Girls.

These ones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata

I effing despise them. Theyā€™re just so alien and weird, and they always catch you by surprise, so your brain is just like OH GOD WHAT IS THAT AND WHY IS IT COMING THIS WAY for a second before you realize and then get a shoe or something. Iā€™m willing to try anything to keep them out at this point. Like, I would literally spray freaking cyanide everywhere if thatā€™s what it takes :P Halp! D:

Heh, they run towards shadows when spooked too, which is often towards you.

For the most part though they arenā€™t bad to have around, because they eat pretty much every other kind of bug.

They are freaky though.