Random thought thread!

Yes, Stella?

Two related facts:

1. My high school German teacherā€™s third grader did a triathlon today.
  2. I feel old and broken down by comparison, and Iā€™m not even thirty.

I ran an 8k race today, and was feeling pretty good about it until I read this. :) No seriously, good on that kid for getting out there!

ā€œWe can only send email 500 milesā€

https://www.ibiblio.org/harris/500milemail.html

Florida is officially the state with the most deaths due to lightning, with 52 fatalities since 2007. Texas is number two with 21.

Yay us. I guess.

Found root cause.

Do people that Texas puts in the electric chair count? Because if so then I bet they win. D:

Iā€™m just assuming God has good aim, if heā€™s hitting Floridians and Texans the most.

There is no good thread to put this: Support dogs for captive Cheetahs. I mean, how cool is that? (Asiatic cheetahs are critically endangered.)

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I want to get in there and pet them.

Actually it reminds me, my in laws went to South Africa last year and they have pictures of them petting a cheetah. Then you put a golden lab into the mix? LET ME IN THERE NOW!

BIG KITTIES

You should also all know that, since they are able to purr, cheetahs cannot roar, and instead purr like house cats. It is ADORABLE

So, uh, anyone seen @jpinard recently? Howā€™s Jeff doing?

Wow. His last post was May 26. Good call.

Which led me to this article about a young Jeff!

This kind of makes me smile and scratch my head a bit.

The meat slicer appears to be the targeted item.

Having worked with those meat slicers in the past I can tell you that they arenā€™t cheap. Letā€™s say $1500 to $3000 easily.

How would and to whom would you resell it? It seems strange to me there would be a big black market for a meat slicer, and if there was, it would be at a fraction of the price.

I mean I worked in a grocery store deli once. I know theyā€™re hefty machines butā€¦ only mom and pop set-up is going to buy a meat slicer off the back of a truckā€¦ or it was an inside job and they were just getting back.

The spread of items stolen says resale at a fraction of the actual cost to someone who asked for them. Then the cash is used for drugs. The aprons give it away. Somebody had the place targeted. But the thief went too far. Hey dude I got you aprons too. Big mistake.

No store needs aprons stolen for them. Or surveillance equipment. The aprons are handled by a company. They supply you with clean ones and take the dirty ones to clean. If you have a store and need cameras and shit, you donā€™t juts have a few stolen. A security company is involved. I set those up too.

This thief went the extra mile. For no reason.

I have to admit right away that I am not a thief. I can only try and put myself in a thiefā€™s shoes and when I do that, and I think of all the things I could steal to sell for money for drugs or anything else, a giant ass meat slicer would be so far at the bottom of my listā€¦ as in so far it wouldnā€™t make it onto the list.