Random thought thread!

I just tried that. Pretty nifty.

Further proof that Mencken was right:

My daughter works at a local bank. Like many banks, they offer dog treats to folks in the drive-thru line who have their pets with them. Today, the teller offered to send out a treat to a woman in the line. Her response: “My dog is gluten free.”

Think that’s bad?

You’re getting old when a tour guide asks if you A) have kids in high school and B) remember Apollo 13 (the real thing, not the movie). For the record, A) no, but if I was married and had kids they’d likely be that age and B) missed that one by a few years.

My first ever 1X CD drive had a disc caddy. Remember those? Talk about old.

Mine too. 1993. Team Electronics-built PC.
A friend of mine actually gave me a brand new boxed retail 2X drive in trade for that 1X drive, specifically because he thought that disk caddy was so damn cool. The joke will be on me if those caddy drives ever become collector’s items. :)

I wish somebody would remake Interstate '76.

Way ahead of you chief, here’s my proof of concept:

IMG_0427

So the sound effects aren’t that great I’ll admit, but it’s a total blast to play.

I don’t know that this really goes here but I can’t think of any other place to put it - but then again I can’t exactly not share it, no sir.

Oh god, just that opening paragraph man. They could have just done one pun, but they got lured in by the ecstasy of gold-en wordplay. How dare you link a paragraph like that, it has blackened our reputation good sir!

The asshole’s behavior is inexcusable. OTOH who brings a 10 year old to a Metallica concert?

I know, right? Bring them to something better like an Iron Maiden concert.

The most awesome parent on earth.

edit: Reason #478 why Armando should never have children

My first concert was to see KISS, I forget how old I was but pretty sure it was around 7-8. Man I loved those guys.

Well I guess I am now all ready for this Total Eclipse. My glasses and binoculars arrived, now we just need the smoke to leave.

Turn around bright eyes…

Oh man, you’ve given me traumatic flashbacks to that music video, those people with the glowing eyes really weirded me out for some reason. Years of therapy down the drain, jerk!

I don’t think I ever saw the video for that title. Most my video watching days were for Pop up Video, but I am sure they must have played that at least once.

These guys -

IMG_0437

I couldn’t even tell you why really, but to this day I find them a little unsettling. I’d change the channel if it came on.