Random thought thread!

Good God. Only a little unsettling?

Well I mean they donā€™t do anything except stand there and sing along to the song, so - I donā€™t know maybe? Nobody else ever seemed to be as freaked out by them as I was so I just figured it was me.

It sounds like you guy might need to start a support group. I had no idea this video was out there. I know the song but the video isā€¦ odd.

IIRC, thereā€™s an interview where Bonnie Tyler is asked about it, and her answer is basically ā€œYou have to remember that we were doing a lot of cocaine at the timeā€¦ā€

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

How do you flag a post you canā€™t see/read? Or rather why?

Also, is it just me or has this habit of deleting posts become a lot more common lately? Perhaps a better move might be to stop for 2 seconds BEFORE you post and consider if you really want to pull the trigger on that reply button after all!

We live in the Matrix already and we all volunteered to enter it because the personalized recommendation algorithms were so good that it basically was a promise of eternal mental masturbation.

On another random thought note:

https://twitter.com/centrismsucks/status/895851566422532096

Iā€™ve seen a few people accidentally post to the wrong topic a few times. Itā€™s not always keyboard pounding.

Also, what the hell is with a the cremation adā€¦ umm, is that supposed to be a joke about killing your daughter orā€¦ something?

I think it means she will soon be dying, so youā€™d better set up her cremation fund, or the state will toss her in a dumpster.

I try to avoid it, but notably, I accidentally hit post on a draft from my phone a day or two ago, and didnā€™t have the time or inclination to finish it them. I went and yanked it instead. Itā€™s nice to have the option.

Plus the old forum didnā€™t throw up a giant blinking neon sign that said ā€œHA HA LOOK AT THE BIG DUMMY WHO DELETED THIS POSTā€, they just got, you know, deleted.

Sounds like finally, some ad agency took it directly from the inspirobot.

GODDAMNIT! I have the Ducktales theme song running through my head. I hate that song. Every time I forget it, I see a reference to it. On TV, in a subreddit. FUCK Ducktales!

Itā€™s a duckler.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

I have never watched this abomination you speak of. Your magic has no power over me. :)

Today I learned that, in honor of his legacy, a shade of purple has been named after Prince.

My mother recently joined AARP, but she sounds it out; she says ARP. And every time she starts telling me what ARP told her today, I keep asking her who.

Oh, she also told me my little sisterā€™s boyfriend is in trouble because he keeps downloading faces off of Facebook. I asked her three times, just to be certain, that she was sure thatā€™s why heā€™s in trouble. My mother does not use Facebook.

So itā€™s happening. I am losing it. I woke up around 9AM today. The wife was not home. Around 11AM I was wondering when she would get home. She called at noon. I asked her where she was.

ā€œAt work.ā€

::grinding gear sounds in head::

ā€œWait. Itā€™s not Sunday?ā€

::laughing:: ā€œNo, itā€™s Wednesday, the middle of the week.ā€

Let us draw a curtain upon the rest of the scene. 'Sbeen nice knowing you guys.