Random thought thread!

I’m surprised Picard is as low as he is, really.

Dude, I was interested in taking that quiz but seriously that’s the lamest shit ever. “Have you been in the closet for years?” “Are you constantly in conflict with overly logical people?” “Did you take the Hippocratic oath?” These people didn’t even bother.

IMG_0456

IMG_0457

oooooo!

Your results:
You are Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard
70%
James T. Kirk (Captain)
65%
Mr. Scott
60%
Will Riker
60%
Data
54%
Spock
52%
Beverly Crusher
50%
Leonard McCoy (Bones)
50%
Chekov
50%
Deanna Troi
50%
Worf
50%
Mr. Sulu
45%
Geordi LaForge
40%
Uhura
30%
An Expendable Character (Redshirt)
30%
A lover of Shakespeare and other fine literature. You have a decisive mind and a firm hand in dealing with others.
Click here to take the Star Trek Personality Quiz

Heh. I didn’t try to game it, and it nailed me pretty well.

The “god yes I love whisky!” answers definitely bumped up the Scotty percentage.

Gaming the answers is just part of the problem, why are there a 1-5 distribution of answers on all questions, even Binary yes/no? For this one, I answered “really really no” but for that one I was “just kinda no.” That’s right, I’m still bitching about this quiz!

IMG_0207

And yet I hate Kirk as a captain. Probably because I’d hate sharing the room with anyone much like me…

Never figured before that a redshirt was the missing link between Picard and Kirk.
that was close.

Well it appears I’m 70% Will Riker, I suppose it’s better than 70% Will Wheaton

Ummm

Your results:
You are An Expendable Character (Redshirt)

An Expendable Character (Redshirt)
70%
Jean-Luc Picard
60%
Will Riker
55%
Geordi LaForge
45%
Chekov
40%
Uhura
35%
Spock
32%
James T. Kirk (Captain)
30%
Leonard McCoy (Bones)
30%
Deanna Troi
30%
Data
29%
Beverly Crusher
25%
Worf
25%
Mr. Scott
20%
Mr. Sulu
15%
Since your accomplishments are seldom noticed, and you are rarely thought of, you are expendable. That doesn't mean your job isn't important but if you were in Star Trek you would be killed off in the first episode you appeared in.
Click here to take the "Which Star Trek character am I?" quiz...

Hey, Will Wheaton is awesome. Ensign Crusher, not so much.

True, but Will Riker gets all the girls.

Your results:You are Jean-Luc Picard

But the Red Shirt option was a strong third.

I am going to take an opportunity to make the random thought thread into a random dream thread. I don’t usually have dreams that stick with me very long, nor have very disturbing dreams, but last night was an exception.

I dreamed that there was a hole in my chest, just gaping open. There was no blood and no pain, just a whole that you could see clearly into my insides. And I’m trying to get people to help me, just take a look, patch me up, but nobody is taking me seriously. Everyone is saying oh, you’ll be fine, get a bandaid, that’ll heal right up. And I’m saying no, look, there’s this gaping hole right below my sternum, that’s not right! But nobody would listen, nobody really cared. They weren’t necessarily unsympathetic to my problem, just clearly considered my issues to be way down their list of priorities.

And that’s it. I’m just wandering, unable to get anyone’s real attention, just gaping open. I woke up and my mind was in a turmoil. I don’t really know why, I can’t really say this dream has any analog with a real life situation that I can think of. If I take the most superficial reading, am I concerned about the state of healthcare, or maybe general lack of societal cohesion in Trump’s America? Hell if I know, but I’m finding this hard to shake. Just wanted to get it off my chest, uh you know what I mean.

Probably something to do with armchair liberals.