Random thought thread!

This is what happens when you click on links in reddit. Although I still haven’t gotten the “fat replicas” yet. I don’t even want to imagine what fetish those are for.

He was a quiet guy. Never caused any trouble. Always had a smile for you. We never would have guessed. What a messed up world we live in.

I bought some Lorann’s flavoring oils for cooking – cherry, lime, coconut, etc – and apparently those oils are more often used for flavoring vape fluid than they are for cooking, because that’s all Amazon recommended to me for the next week – all the vape accessories you can imagine.

We get it. :)

Recovering from a cold I caught from the Christmas choir at church this year (nearly worth it to get to say I’ve sung the Hallelujah Chorus), I have to say that the nose strips I wear to keep me from snoring are an even more miraculous cold curative. It used to go like this: my nose would clog overnight, I’d breathe through my mouth, my throat would go all sore, and I’d end up a horrible, dehydrated, phlegmy mess with a cough that lingers for weeks.

Now, it goes like this: my nose stays open, I don’t get the sore throat at all, and after two days or so with a runny nose, I’m back to more or less full strength. It’s only pleasant my comparison, but it’s nice not being laid out for a week every time I get a little sniffle.

Driving in to work this morning I noticed a car in front of me at the red light had one of those personalized license plate frames, and I had to do a double take at it. It said, “Harvey Mudd Graduate”, which made me think hold on, that goofy Star Trek guy got his own university? And it took me a couple minutes to remember that was Harry Mudd. It was a weird couple of minutes though.

Handel’s Messiah is soooo amazing! Congrats on being able to sing the highlight of that masterpiece.

Small world. I’m a Harvey Mudd grad as well. Great little science and engineering school.

Harvey looks nothing like Harry, but you gotta remember that Harry is far in the future (hence the color photo), so there will be some genetic mutation before then.

imageimage

I went to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, so I know Harvey Mudd from our respective schools’ constant battle for #1 on the undergrad science/engineering US News rankings. Not at all surprised to see representatives from both here at QT3!

Rich Husbands In Training, we joked when I was there, due to the highly slanted gender demographics.

You tell ‘em, Charlie.

Flat Earthers claim to have members all over the globe.

I see what you did there. Don’t do it again. :)

So this is a thing that has mildly annoyed this for a while now. The current consensus seems to be that the only way to get high from weed, when eating it, is to somehow cook it first. It has to be heated to work. Now this may seem to be a minor thing, and I guess it is, Except for the fact that my friends and I, back in the 1970s, ate weed without cooking it. And we got high as fuck.

My theory is that, at some point, this became found knowledge. And so nobody since then has eaten uncooked marijuana. And in fact, they refuse to eat uncooked weed because, “Why would I waste it?”

Now I know that my talking about getting high on raw weed is merely anecdotal. And so I would posit an experiment. Have a group of six friends. They all have the same amount of weed. From the same bag. Ground up and mixed so that it is homogeneous. Then three people eat the raw weed. The other three cook it in a fat, as recommended.

My feeling is that both will get fucked up. Maybe the cookers will get higher? But all will be fucked up.

I say this after remembering the first wife and I making chocolate pudding. Then we decided, after it cooled, to mixed powdered weed into it. We each had a bowl and then decided to go shopping at 2AM in Manhattan. We took the A train to 207th st. There was a 24 hour Pathmark there. About half way through shopping my legs turned to jelly. The wife was giggling at me.

We just left the shopping cart and staggered to the front door. I was sure that I couldn’t make it home. But we did.

That was when we saw the dog lying with his head in his water dish. He got an unfinished bowl from the table.

So tell me again how weed has to be cooked to get you stupid?

Not sure where to put this, but it’s floating around Facebook… It’s a fun read even if it might be, well it seems pretty unbelievable.

I needed a good laugh. If get one more thing piled on my plate, I am going to break. This is the third Sunday this month I will be working.

Hey, random question. My best friend from high school went to Harvey Mudd in '93, he was a math whiz and I had never heard of that school but found out it had an excellent reputation. May I ask when you went there?

Class of '89

Cool, looks like you didn’t cross paths, but great school!

My father-in-law eats his steak like that. “Black and blue,” “seared,” “under raw,” etc. He also eats raw hamburger. He’s been told many, many times how stupid that is.