Random thought thread!

They were walking back to your office?..WITHOUT A BODY??? dat’s scawy

golly

I’ve heard that as well and there are a lot of them in the neighborhood where I work (in the bad part of town.)

In the Army, when you leave the service, some throw their boots over the power lines. “I don’t need these boots anymore because I’m fucking out of here!”

One of my co-workers does amateur bodybuilding (Mr. Olympia, Arnold Schwarzenegger type.) He’s cutting weight for an upcoming show and hate watches cooking shows all the time. He also carefully watches our lunch and dinner at work , then slowly eats his ground turkey. It’s very disturbing.

It is what it says it is, and it doesn’t get much more random than that.

I have been told that it means drugs are available somewhere near. I work in a “marginal” part of town and seeing shoes hanging from wires every few blocks is pretty standard.

That’s an urban myth of long standing.

The real reason people throw their shoes over wires is far deeper:

Because they can.

Maybe, but if so it is a wide ranging one. I’ve heard it from Chicago to New Orleans.

In fact NO post Katrina was the first time I encountered it.

The truth is people hate a certain brand of shoe and that is how they express that hate. They want all to see the humiliation suffered by the shoes.

I figured some of it had to be a dick/bullying move of throwing someone’s belongings up into a VERY dangerous place.

But the drugs thing would make sense, since they’re thrown up all down the road from my apartment. . . I live in the cheap part of town :)

Well a quick google search indicates that there is probably no one reason. It is also an indication (maybe) of gang borders or as a memorial for someone. Snopes is pretty mixed on it.

Maybe it’s because they can-can.

He’s taunting me.

I know, I just wanted to make a dad joke, ok?

You get that shit right out of here.

I really liked the Moulin Rouge soundtrack when I was younger. That cover of “Roxanne,” tho. . .

Hated the movie, though. Shit was sad as hell. Who wants to watch that???

Hey I love that movie, you shut your mouth.