Random thought thread!

That “song” is so bad though. It sounds like it’s trying to be a mashup but someone just played 3 records at the same time and took samples from that

OOOOOOOPS I SORRY

I must have just absorbed it as I read by and used it myself at the end

I’ve seen those shoes in various places at least since the mid-80s. I’ve heard the myth since maybe mid-late 90s, always from white people who don’t live in cities. In my neighborhoods on the South Side of Chicago and here in SF there’s no apparent correlation between the shoes and where drugs are sold. It’s just attention-getting vandalism.

What is that song that goes “Hold the line/Love isn’t always on time” I think by Toto maybe? Because I’ve had that damn song going through my head for most of the weekend and I don’t even really like it.

You take that back!
Listen to the drum fills and cymbal-work on that song (or any early Toto album for that matter).
Very subtle, but so damn good.
That was from their first album, very AOR stuff, but most of the album was excellent, and I still love it.
So take it back!

And then what, you’re going to ask me to appreciate the nasally whine of Geddy Lee? No, I can’t do it - I give you an inch and you’re going to take the 70s.

Trying to confuse me again, eh?
Geddy Lee was never a member of Toto.

Oh, and you know where Geddy Lee was every minute of every day? He might have been in Toto at some point or another.

All you have to do is look at that video @RichVR posted, and you’ll see that is definitely not Geddy Lee.

But seriously, now you’ve got me looking for a good note-for-note drum cover for this song, so I could further make my point about the subtle drumming, but I’ve been looking for an hour, and cannot find a good one.

I did however find a great example of how not to play it. Decent drummer, but what he’s doing is anything but subtle. Totally butchered it.

Jeff Porcaro! One of the big session drummers in the 70s and 80s. He’s all over Steely Dan’s Katy Lied, too.

Steely Dan is actually a pretty good remedy for Toto-on-the-brain.

My mom required 300 dollars to pay her electric and tire bill. I gave it to her and told her she won’t be seeing anymore until she makes different effort. Her housecleaning gig does not pay the bill and she owes the IRS thousands.

My little sister is now the emergency foster parents of 3 boys, so she has 4 boys now total in one room. Two weeks going and the system has yet to pay her. I also think 4 boys is a lot for someone trying to get through school. Her grades are not dropping but I worry…

My dad, this is the one that planned for 100 dollars a month from his eldest children, you can see why he’s not expecting anything from the other one, is currently at his lot trying to build a fence around his two ocean front lots because people keep using it as a drive through or driveway… why because his retirement currently consist of two lots next to each other with a gravel driveway and a shed that gets broken into now and then because they don’t live there.

On the plus side, Costco has hamburgers now. It doesn’t look like something I’d really want for 5 dollars but watching them assemble the said burgers was slightly amusing. It’s the only thing there they really have as assemble on order and, well I am sure they get faster. Now families can give their children the junk food of their choice… minus fries. Cleaning a deep fryer is not fun so I hope Costco does not inflict that onto their employees.

So I was catching up on Black Mirror, saw Shut Up and Dance and San Junipero today. I also might have read one of the threads about facebook.

So here’s my pitch if I walk into bar and see Charlie Booker browsing qt3 on his smart device:

The episode is a follow-up to Be Right Back, but invoking Cambridge Analytica via The 13th Floor (Aside: Why does no one else remember that movie!?!). However, instead of running ancestral simulations based on their #SoMe data, they use it to simulate the effect of their marketing schemes. Not! Of course they are being insideous, and see if they can tweak revolutionaries like @ArmandoPenblade to mellow out and shill their platform instead of calling for heads on spikes and all that.

The twist is: I don’t know… people go to more cookouts, but voter turnout stays the same? Is that even a twist? It’s a work in progress.

Could not figure out where to put this but I thought it was worth sharing so, random thread it is!

P.S. Beetlejuice is thirty years old! Jesus Christ!

Easter weekend and of course The Ten Commandments is on TV. Watching it while drinking vodka?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6c/6cb4139649ea5d23bbecf23043f7576b5b6fcec9b5fdf2f96f28c2f1f805b8af.jpg

So this is freaky. I’m watching the above movie. The wife and I decide to go outside for a smoke. Suddenly something reasonably large hits the plant next to us. I don’t know the name of the plant, but it’s large. I think it’s a bat. So I tell the wife to get a flashlight. In the light it’s obviously a frog. Like it fell from the sky. Or the roof. I ask the wife to get my phone. When she returns with it, the frog moves. Impossible to get a picture. The wife says, “It’s happening.”

I’m like, “What’s happening?”

Get it yet?

Rain of frogs. First day of Passover. We’re screwed.

Have you enslaved the Israelites in your basement again Rich?

I’m in Florida. I have no basement. I have a garage. >:)

Sonofabitch. It happened again. And now photographic proof. How long does the Rain of Frogs go on for?

BTW, what is that plant called? I call it annoying as fuck.

Split leaf philodendron I think.

And if that frog is as big as it looks then it’s almost certainly a Cuban tree frog, which are invasive to Florida and you might consider… throwing it in the freezer. :(