Random thought thread!

HOW CAN IT BE FREE IF IT’S BETWEEN $9 AND $13?!?

edit: Oh nevermind. I think I get what you mean. I’m going to have to check this out. Every time I’ve tried to download the Prime albums, it wouldn’t let me. It was stream only. But last time I tried was several years ago.

Yeah, I don’t want to stream them. I want them downloaded to my PC so I can move them around.

Birth Control Glasses?

They are so ugly, they’re the surest form of birth control.

But are you able to actually able to get the mp3 files? Or is it just that you it gives you a limited offline usage right and that music can only be played back with their software. If you cancel prime or they lose the rights to those songs, you can’t play them back anymore?

Navy-nuc version was ZPGs. “Zero Population Growth”

I haven’t tried, but I’m guessing not.

Yeah it’s played with their Prime Music app.

As they are downloaded to my phone I’m guessing that even if I cancel Prime, I’ll still have the app and the songs.

A poem.

Teddy is dead,
He ran an elevator.

Jerry is buried,
He ran one too.

John is gone,
From low blood pressure.

Kevin is drunk and dead
News at eleven

I meet a guy
I used to work with
Salt and pepper hair
Beard

On the F train

This is how I know these things
I no longer work there
Nor does he

But he tells me of the dead
That I used to know.

Sorry man, he says.
But he’s not sorry.

He has always been an asshole
And he loves telling me this shit.

I am sad forever about this shit
Still to this day.

I am sad
Because my friends

Have gone away.

Is that … Vogon poetry?

So I’m a kid. Maybe 8 years old. And I’m walking into my backyard right after sunset. I walk to the place that I play with my dinosaurs. A circle of dirt next to my grandpa’s tomato garden. I see what I think is a piece of bark. When I get closer the piece of bark suddenly flips out two huge eyes. I freak the fuck out. I run away like Satan is chasing me. Years later I find out that it was a moth.

I found a similar one stuck to a wall at work many years ago. It was nearly as big as my hand.

Six inch wingspan. So yeah.

Did I ever tell you guys that I am a born mythbuster? I distinctly remember hearing all these old wives’ tail stories and thinking, no way. My grandfather had this shack kind of thing, external from the main house, where he would have buddies over for cookouts and such, called it the chateau. Yes, I realize that sounds a bit pretentious, but this was Louisiana and we talk like that. Anyway, it had this enclosed patio, all screened in, and one day I notice there’s a redbird in there. Can’t get out. What’s my first thought? I wondered if a bird would really be grounded if you shook salt on its tail.

So I go in and I’m chasing this bird around this little patio area for a good while. I don’t remember how long, but I guess I must have worn it out, or it lots its will to live or something, because I finally get its tail feathers between thumb and forefinger, and with the other hand I dump the salt shaker I’ve been carrying all over that bird. Its response was to turn its head, peck the holy hell out of my thumb, and fly away from me. I opened the door and let it go at that point - I’m not a monster and anyway: myth busted.

ambien-walrus-and-the-cookies

If you could have only three people, living or dead, in your home who would they be? For me it would be Richard Feynman, Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking. Einstein would discuss his various thinking experiments. Hawking would discuss theory. And Feynman would make the discussion clear to me.

GF, best friend, previous best friend?

I’m not sure I would survive the constant mockery, but they’re my three favorite people on Earth and would adore each other, so that helps.

Until you spell Cousin Itt correctly you will always be anathema to me. But I still love you.

Chris Avellone, Feargus Urquhart, and Brandi Glanville from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I want the first two there so I can get to the bottom of all their drama, and I want Brandi to stir up even more trouble between them.

Hm, for me I’d probably go with Elvis Costello, Carl Sagan and Tim Schafer. That would make for an evening of memorable conversation.