Random thought thread!

Just read this story and it made me think of @krayzkrok, were you involved at all dude?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/07/10/australia/australian-crocodile-captured-intl/index.html

I realize you’re not the only croc expert in Australia, but the article mentions it was relocated to a croc farm in the Katherine region, and google tells me that’s 320 km from Darwin, so not all that far from you I think?

This is a bit of an odd one, but random. I was thinking about all the bottles of lotion in the bathroom, none of them mine. I’m not even sure what they all are, but there seem to be a lot of them. I’ve heard more than one woman tell me they can’t stand it when their skin feels dry, so they lotion it up.

I never put lotion on, other than sunblock on days when I will be out in the sun. Even then, not always. I can’t ever say I thought my skin felt dry. I can’t ever say my skin didn’t feel soft. It’s not sandpaper. It’s pulpy flesh! I don’t get it. I think the lotion itself dries and then women feel like their skin is dry, so the answer is to put on more lotion! It’s something I don’t get.

My 22-year old daughter must have about 100 lotion bottles in her bathroom. She claims she knows what they all are and uses all of them, but i don’t see how it’s possible.

Does she ever come out of the bathroom?

Not when she’s home.

Must be the Korean method, their marketing has a cream just for eyelids, one for the cheekbones, all in all I think it’s 14 different types.

Kinda reminds me of the six different kinds of Excedrin–migraine! back pain! asshole pain!–that are chemically identical.

Except at least with the lotions, if the different body parts do genuinely have different moisturizing needs, at least you can selectively target where you put the lotion at.

Excedrin is dumb.

I heard the following phrase in a Centrum vitamin commercial. “On the daily.” Hey asshole copywriters, we have a single word that covers that. “Daily.” That’s right, it’s even part of the phrase you butchered. Shitheads.

How many freaking Emmy’s Awards are ARE THERE? They remind me of the Arrested development award they gave themselves.

edit: ok looks like 220.

@Miguk is a goblin.

Have you ever noticed that ajummas middle-aged Korean women actually do look about 15 years younger than they really are? Is it just genetic or do they actually have superior skin care technology?

See, this is what I’m talking about. We’ve got to get these issues out into the open and have a serious discussion about them. Are we going to waste our money on BB cream when superior CC cream is already on the market across the ocean?

Sweet and sour pork is the Hawaiian pizza of Chinese food.

I was playing cards with a 10 year-old and they only knew how to play some weird variants of Spit / solitaire stuff. Never heard of spades or hearts. No trick taking games? Is this because windows doesn’t include hearts anymore? How are kids supposed to waste time? Argh stupid cell phones.

I tried to teach her to play hearts because I didn’t want to have to get into bidding with spades/bridge. I feel this is good for humanity.

Once again I watch Dune. 1984 of course.

Yet again I see things ne’er seen before. Small things, costumes, stage dressing.

Earrings and gilt.

Drama wrapped in drama.

It’s a damn good film.

I think Dune was a good film if you actually read the book, and already knew what was going on.

If you never read the book, the movie is pretty confusing. It doesn’t really stand on its own.

I remember going to see Dune in the theater as a kid, and the ushers passed out photocopied pages explaining a bunch of the terms in the movie, Bene Gesserit, gom jabbar, that kind of thing. I was thrilled.

Yeah, you’d have to read the book to know what that sonic weapon was… Or how it rained right after the emperor was defeated in mortal combat… :p

But the movie really did have a few wonderful scenes. It just wasn’t very good overall, neither as being true to a novel that honestly wasn’t that good in itself, or as you say, as a standalone work.

The miniseries they ran on SciFi a few years back was better at conveying the actual storyline. It was less visually stunning though.

I don’t believe there was a sonic weapon in the book. His voice being power was a reference to the religious fervor or the jihad his preaching would unleash.

The “weirding way” was basically high end martial arts coupled with the BG’s insanely good muscle control.